Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AN adapters for gas tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
smdubovsky
Im converting my 6 to EFI and going AN plumbing everywhere. After lots of searching, there are no M18x1 to AN6 (or AN8) adapters I can find anywhere. Even found an old post on the club board w/ someone looking for the same thing.

So, has anyone found anything more recently before I just turn my own out of aluminum?

If I make my own, is there any interest in cranking out a few extra sets?

Click to view attachment
Randal

I've bought a ton of adapters from here. If they don't have what you want my guess is that they'll know who does.

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?s...p;dept=Aluminum
SirAndy
QUOTE(smdubovsky @ Sep 10 2009, 07:25 AM) *

Im converting my 6 to EFI and going AN plumbing everywhere. After lots of searching, there are no M18x1 to AN6 (or AN8) adapters I can find anywhere. Even found an old post on the club board w/ someone looking for the same thing.

So, has anyone found anything more recently before I just turn my own out of aluminum?

Do a search, there's a thread from maybe 2 years back or so where a guy found a solution for this.

It's probably in the garage forum.
bye1.gif Andy
Randal
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 10 2009, 10:01 AM) *

QUOTE(smdubovsky @ Sep 10 2009, 07:25 AM) *

Do a search, there's a thread from maybe 2 years back or so where a guy found a solution for this.

It's probably in the garage forum.
bye1.gif Andy

Good suggestion Andy: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...y%20AN&st=0

I'd try CB Performance first: http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=1709

I wonder if the inside tapping of the fuel tank fitting is a good idea, i.e., shavings in the gas.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 10 2009, 09:19 AM) *

That's the one! biggrin.gif

I think it's a great way to get AN fittings. Obviously, you need to be extra clean when tapping, but other than that ...
thumb3d.gif Andy
smdubovsky
I contacted ANplumbing. They have nothing.

Not interested in tapping. If I wanted to do that, I'd just cut the old fittings off and weld on new bungs:) As to the shavings: as long as there is a filter before the pump who cares? No different than the other crap in the tank.

The CB ones look like the ticket! Cheap too! I called but they don't know the threaded dimension. Off to search to see if a vw (bug?) tank is also a M18x1.

Thanks!
smdubovsky
CB couldn't tell me the fitting size and I can't find anything on the web about a vw bug tank size, so I just ordered a pair. Should know by next week...
Randal
QUOTE(smdubovsky @ Sep 11 2009, 03:19 PM) *

CB couldn't tell me the fitting size and I can't find anything on the web about a vw bug tank size, so I just ordered a pair. Should know by next week...

Geezzees.... can't the folk at CB go out and measure one of the fittings?
Randal
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 11 2009, 04:34 PM) *

The other place that is pretty good is McMaster Carr. Just call their support line and the people are quick to find what you need, if they have the product.

Need help finding a product?
E-mail or call (630) 600-3600.
Randal
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 11 2009, 04:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 11 2009, 04:34 PM) *

The other place that is pretty good is McMaster Carr. Just call their support line and the people are quick to find what you need, if they have the product.

Need help finding a product?
E-mail or call (630) 600-3600.

The last good alternative is to call Rich at HPH. He probably has what you want. If Rich isn't there Larry is an expert. I've never not had success with both of these guys.
smdubovsky
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 11 2009, 07:44 PM) *

No huh.gif They came bubble packed, thread side down, so they would have had to have cut one off the card to measure.

Anyway, the good news is.... They're M18x1.0 ! piratenanner.gif I need to take them home and make sure the internal o-ring lines up but its looking very good. I plan on sending them an email so they can (hopefully) update their website w/ the info.
JWest
I have the correct fittings - not on my site right now but I'll add them soon.
andys
I ran a 1/4NPT tap as suggested in that early thread, and everything worked out just fine. I used steel -6AN x 1/4NPT fittings. BTW, there's plenty of room for the fittings.

Andys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.