Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Something small - driveline optional.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
914Dan
I have a BMW E-30; that's a six cylinder five speed 325 series. Motor is fine but the body, Oy. I'm looking for something lighter than a BMW body; i.e. Renault R-5, Dauphine, maybe a Simca or even a Yugo to put the straight six of German goodness into.

I want to put the engine back a bit from its stock location because BMWs are so heavy, so I'm leaning toward a four door. With four doors the engine can be under the windshield and the driver in the back seat. Better weight distribution but still have the safety of an emergency exit nearby.

If you have anything, see something lurking out behind the barn or wherever, lemme know. It will probably never see commuter duty, so a Title isn't really an issue.

dry.gif OK, if it's got bullet holes in the trunk and you give it to me for free while you're all out of breath and sweaty?

Thanx, Dan
dlo914
Why not go japanese w/ a datsun 510 sedan?
IPB Image

or a coupe:
IPB Image

biggrin.gif
Gint
I think 510's are pretty hard to come by these days aren't they?
914Dan
I found a very clean 1968 Ford Cortina two door. Now if you have connections to a 2.3 turbo......

I have a 1988 BMW 325e to swap or sell.

Dan
Gint
Sweet. My buddy has a Triumph Spitfire with a Merkur turbo 4 installed. Not sure on the exact size but most of those ford turbo 4's were 2.3 I think.

Great ride... burnout.gif
914Dan
Once complete it will piggy back on this thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/914Dan/IMG_0677.jpg

Gint
Giddyup
914Dan
Woohoo!! I bought a rust free 1968 Cortina GT. Now I need a 2.3 turbo from a T-Bird.

Dan
Ferg
QUOTE(914Dan @ Oct 1 2009, 04:45 AM) *

Woohoo!! I bought a rust free 1968 Cortina GT. Now I need a 2.3 turbo from a T-Bird.

Dan

Start checking yards, pretty common motor, Merkur, SVO mustangs, TC TBirds.

Don't rule out a Ztec 4 from a focus either, SVT models make 170ish NA, and aftermarket is big for the euro cosworth versions.
914Dan
I bought a supercharged 3.8 from a T-Bird SC for $400. Looking for a T5 tranny.

Giddyup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.