Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless 914/6 HEs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
Anyone (hint, hint) got the skinny on a possible stainless 914/6 heat exchangers from SSI? smile.gif

-Rusty
Pissed off at my 914/6 today
seanery
Is it because your license plate is crooked? blink.gif
Lawrence
No, it's because I can't take straight pictures.

-Rusty
airsix
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 2 2003, 04:11 PM)
Anyone (hint, hint) got the skinny on a possible stainless 914/6 heat exchangers from SSI?  :)

-Rusty  
Pissed off at my 914/6 today

Estimated cost?
One meeeelion dollars.

-Ben M.

ps - I'll take it off your hands if you hate it that much. tongue.gif
Lawrence
I'll rattle the cage again... smile.gif
fuch toy
I hear Missouri is getting a new zoo, they are gonna put a fence around Iowa..... rolleyes.gif
Brad Roberts
LB,

I cant comment anymore on future products. It makes the phone ring every time I "breathe" something about a new idea or product. Phone ringing= sales, but phone ringing asking about products that dont exist is killing us.

They will happen. When is the question. Right now they are not on the priority list. Its more of a personal project for JohnD and I since we both have "914" in our blood. I'm excited about the project, but I know it wont make any money. Put it this way: it will be my gift to the 914 industry. They will easily be the best available.

B
campbellcj
I'm still game for some SSI 914-6 race headers....

Didn't you learn about selling vaporware in your IT days? Invent a new product, test the market, close a few deals, THEN build it... I am going to DC tomorrow to pitch a product that was just invented and prototyped in the past week. High vapor content.
Brad Roberts
Race headers could be done quickly. Its the tooling for the heat that is a be-otch.

Ahh yes.. Vaporware..

Hey.. you hiring ?? I could be your personal 914 guy... LOL

B
Lawrence
You and Dunkle are going in on this together, Brad?

Curiouser and curiouser,
Rusty
seanery
Rusty,

My guess would be NO, different John D!!!

Don't you remember the December public battle. I doubt we see those two being civil to each other.

Hey Brad did JD sign up for the club and lurk?
Lawrence
I vaguely remember something, but December was a busy month with the holidays and getting ready for a January deployment and all.

-Rusty
campbellcj
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 5 2003, 06:07 AM)
You and Dunkle are going in on this together, Brad?

Curiouser and curiouser,
Rusty

John Daniels...SSI founder
Lawrence
Ahhh, thank you, Chris.
Brad Roberts
Seanery.. and all

I cannot have bad blood in this industry. It is too fragile. There is no bad blood bewteen Dunk and I. I just dont have time for Rennlist right now and I dont enjoy the format... so I started my own with focus on the 914. What happened in Dec. is done and over. Dunk and I wrote back in forth in private several times after the "event". I feel Rennlist will be very important in the future for SSI sales and I cannot burn that bridge. In the past.. I wasnt very careful with slamming other peoples products. NOW I have to really think twice about what I write or say (even here) even if I know the truth. The false claims from other vendors (exhaust) makes me PUKE. I now know the industry pretty well and most Porsche owners are being sold shit..

B
madd_dogg_914
I was just looking around on the net. Anyone ever see/use these before. I have only heard good stuff about Patrick Motorsports. Patrick Motorsports SS heat exchangers

-Chris
Dave_Darling
If so, then you haven't heard MikeZ's story about the Patrick motor mount bar in "The Rocket", his old 3.0 Six conversion...

--DD
fuch toy
DDDD has it half right.....the Patrick bar that broke was in Iverson's ride. They would not cover the cost of a new one. That's bush......

I have a hard-on for Patrick due to some phone conversation I had with him prior......was ready to dump big bucks for my conversion parts and his crappy attitude made me walk and find another vendor. finger.gif

Chris Campbell gets along fine with a guy that he deals with......fast guy at Willow, nuff said. But that guy is rather crusty as well......so some people can stomach that type of 'tude, I can't. I must be getting old like JP.....

There are too many nice guys on the net to deal with crusty buttheads....
Brad Roberts
Chris,

we wont be using a bolt in cross bar for your car. The weld in is much nicer and leaves more room under the car.

B
madd_dogg_914
Outstanding!!! That is why I want to have someone experienced (i.e. BRAD) install. I am sure I could do it, it would prolly take me about 3 years, and I would screw it up royally. So I leave the decisions up to you. Tried and true!

Thanks Brad
-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.