Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS (Norcal): 914 A-arms & poly bushings $50
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
strawman
Like the title says, I've got a pair of A-arms from a never-wrecked '73 914. I'm also including a set of "hard" polyurethane bushings, since I've decided to go with a 911 front end and Elephant polybronze bushings. I bought these bushings from Pelican (see part #99-3014-340-M230).

There's a little surface rust on the A-arms, but nothing terminal. I wish my 911 arms looked as good! I'm keeping the bushing mounts/adjusterrs, since they're in better shape than the 911 ones I bought.

The ball joints are included, but I'd recommend replacing them, since I don't know if they've ever been replaced. They're not sloppy and the boots are intact, but I'll remove them if you want.

I want $50 for everything in the pics. I'd prefer not to ship, but buyer pays FedEx Ground from 95618. PM me if you're interested!

Geoff

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
strawman
Offers?
strawman
Anyone want to help me clean out my garage? Gimme an offer!
smokey
Sunday!
SUNDAY!
S U N D A Y !

S
O
L
D !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rtm
strawman
The bushings are sold to nbscooters, but the A-arms are still available. I live in Davis (CA) and would trade them for a six-pack of Anchor Steam...
nbscooters
Thanks for the bushings!
ConeDodger
Geoff,
Tell you what, I am fresh out of Anchor Steam but if you want, give them to me and bring your 911 arms over at the same time. We can bead blast your 911 arms and you can paint them up all pretty like... biggrin.gif
strawman
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 28 2009, 09:52 AM) *

Geoff,
Tell you what, I am fresh out of Anchor Steam but if you want, give them to me and bring your 911 arms over at the same time. We can bead blast your 911 arms and you can paint them up all pretty like... biggrin.gif

Hi Rob --

I've already glass bead blasted the 911 arms, and yesterday I painted them with epoxy primer (the first time using my HPLV spray gun!!!). But thanks for the offer. If you want 'em, tho, the Anchor Steam trade offer is still open... beer.gif

Geoff
smokey
I do want the A arms . BUT , If you can beat me to the beer.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif
They, are then yours.
smoke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(strawman @ Sep 28 2009, 01:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 28 2009, 09:52 AM) *

Geoff,

Hi Rob --

I've already glass bead blasted the 911 arms, and yesterday I painted them with epoxy primer (the first time using my HPLV spray gun!!!). But thanks for the offer. If you want 'em, tho, the Anchor Steam trade offer is still open... beer.gif

Geoff

You drive a hard bargain... Bring them to the next reunion and I will have your Anchor Steam. I suppose I should buy a six pack for myself too just to see why you would give up fine vintage Porsche parts for beer... biggrin.gif

How is the car coming Geoff? Have you mocked the motor in yet?
biosurfer1
I didn't know you have a blast cabinet Rob...might have to try it out with your old sway bar to see if I need one.

Post some update pics Geoff!
strawman
Motor mock-up is completed, as is the Suby trans cable shifter set-up. See http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=83031 for some recent pics.

I still need to clearance the rear firewall for the turbo, hydraulic clutch slave cylinder and starter, and then I'll epoxy prime the engine bay.

Then come the steel fender flares welder.gif

I'd be happy to host the next Sacramento Reunion if you guys wanna come to the People's Republic of Davis and see the progress on my car. I'll provide some great danishes from the nearby Konditorei Austrian Pastry shop and fresh coffee.

Geoff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(strawman @ Sep 28 2009, 08:41 PM) *

Motor mock-up is completed, as is the Suby trans cable shifter set-up. See http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=83031 for some recent pics.

I still need to clearance the rear firewall for the turbo, hydraulic clutch slave cylinder and starter, and then I'll epoxy prime the engine bay.

Then come the steel fender flares welder.gif

I'd be happy to host the next Sacramento Reunion if you guys wanna come to the People's Republic of Davis and see the progress on my car. I'll provide some great danishes from the nearby Konditorei Austrian Pastry shop and fresh coffee.

Geoff

Ahhh!!! Too late. I just scheduled for the 17th of October at the donut shop... I think there is an ordinance that any event in Davis has to be 1/3rd hybrid cars anyway... lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 28 2009, 08:19 PM) *

I didn't know you have a blast cabinet Rob...might have to try it out with your old sway bar to see if I need one.

Post some update pics Geoff!

Brett, I am not sure the bar will fit in the blaster but I have another blaster that you just fill and seal and then pressurize. I haven't used it but I am sure it works as there are no moving parts...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.