Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bushings in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
elsargento
All new shift rod bushings,MoS2, boots on. New alternator feels like a new car. Compared to b4 bushings and now. Remember the short shift plate for ole vw's. that is how my shifter feels now. Anyone doing a firewall bushing use the tool Brad uses squeezes bushing in perfectly.no beating anything.thanks all. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Cupomeat
Great to hear!

People who think a side shifter shifts poorly (relatively) need to drive one with new bushings. It is a whole new world for shift feel.

Congrats.
jaxdream
OK some of us missed the bushing install tool class , just exactly what does this tool look like and where can one get this special tool ??

Jaxdream
osvolant
Am having trouble removing the rear shift rod head (to replace rear shift rod bushing) on my 76 2.0 sideshifter. The head is rusted onto the shaft. The cone screw came out easily (and completely). Have used penetrating oil and tried a gear puller but can't get it to fit well, and I'm trying hard not to bugger anything up. The bushing is chewed up and needs to be replaced. Any suggestions?
Drums66
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 14 2009, 02:12 PM) *

Great to hear!

People who think a side shifter shifts poorly (relatively) need to drive one with new bushings. It is a whole new world for shift feel.

Congrats.

YOU said IT!!! idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.