Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Pay Shipping: Spacers & Rear Shock Plates (Caps)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
kenshapiro2002
The black bolt on spacer is 1"
The silver bolt on spacer is .75"
The non-bolt on one is .5"

These were on my 911 suspended 914 with BBS wheels and are hub centric to the wheels.

I'm guessing shipping will be about $8

Click to view attachment
kenshapiro2002
Also guessing about $8 to ship these rear shock plates.

Click to view attachment

gms

These were on my 911 suspended 914 with BBS wheels and are hub centric to the wheels.

I will take them!
kenshapiro2002
SPACERS GONE

QUOTE(gms @ Sep 14 2009, 03:40 PM) *

I will take them!

jaxdream
Damn , those BBS 's have some backspace ( offset ) to them !! Good to see you got them off , now on to some serious wheel setting up !! Good luck ...

Jaxdream
strawman
Do you have any spare BBS lug nuts that you'd sell? I bought a set of BBS wheels and don't have any of the "special" shouldered lug nuts.

Geoff
kenshapiro2002
Just threw in some 1" spacers. She 's fine. What else is there to do as to "serious wheel setting up"...I really am clueless.

QUOTE(jaxdream @ Sep 15 2009, 01:30 AM) *

Damn , those BBS 's have some backspace ( offset ) to them !! Good to see you got them off , now on to some serious wheel setting up [color=#CC0000]!! Good luck ...

Jaxdream

kenshapiro2002
Just use Porsche "ball shoulder" (as opposed to acorn type) lugs. I bought some with my spacers. Nope...no extras here. Tossed the ones on there that were threaded and reused the rest.

QUOTE(strawman @ Sep 15 2009, 02:34 AM) *

Do you have any spare BBS lug nuts that you'd sell? I bought a set of BBS wheels and don't have any of the "special" shouldered lug nuts.

Geoff

jaxdream
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Sep 15 2009, 03:25 AM) *

Just threw in some 1" spacers. She 's fine. What else is there to do as to "serious wheel setting up"...I really am clueless.

Damn , those BBS 's have some backspace ( offset ) to them !! Good to see you got them off , now on to some serious wheel setting up [color=#CC0000]!! Good luck ...

Jaxdream

Check to see if there is any rub on the fronts -lock to lock , fender clearence . It's not too hard once you figure out the backspace ( offset ) you need plus the correct spacer ( if needed ) to place the wheel where you want it in the wheel well, checking for clearence on the rear with the wheel / tire all the way up into the well as 914's do have toe on the rear , I done this by removing the shock / spring and placeing an old shock with out the spring on the rear , jacked it all the way up to bottoming out the shock to check for rub on the inner fender area and all the way down to check for rub at the top of tire on the fender lip. It's a little time consuming , but you know exactly what you have. Did you get a wheel set that you like ?? From the post here of getting rid of the spacers ( I was too late to get in on that ) it aapears that you got some other wheels . Good luck...

Jaxdream
kenshapiro2002
I didn't get different wheels. The car has BBS RSs on her, but the seller had a 1" spacer on the left front, which was excellent, and two spacers on the right, a 3/4" bolt on and another 1/2" hammered on top of that on with studs that were so long the center cap of the wheels wouldn't seat (also a 1/4" more width on the right!). So, I merely replaced the spacers with new 1" spacers on both sides...clearance is great (16x7 and 205/16 fr.) and I love the stance. The rear has 16x8 225/16 and 1/2" spacers.

QUOTE(jaxdream @ Sep 15 2009, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Sep 15 2009, 03:25 AM) *

Jaxdream

Check to see if there is any rub on the fronts -lock to lock , fender clearence . It's not too hard once you figure out the backspace ( offset ) you need plus the correct spacer ( if needed ) to place the wheel where you want it in the wheel well, checking for clearence on the rear with the wheel / tire all the way up into the well as 914's do have toe on the rear , I done this by removing the shock / spring and placeing an old shock with out the spring on the rear , jacked it all the way up to bottoming out the shock to check for rub on the inner fender area and all the way down to check for rub at the top of tire on the fender lip. It's a little time consuming , but you know exactly what you have. Did you get a wheel set that you like ?? From the post here of getting rid of the spacers ( I was too late to get in on that ) it aapears that you got some other wheels . Good luck...

Jaxdream

jaxdream
Fantastic !! cheer.gif Wheel setup done !! piratenanner.gif

Jaxdream
kenshapiro2002
Thanks for celebrating with me man! cheer.gif piratenanner.gif

QUOTE(jaxdream @ Sep 16 2009, 11:36 AM) *

Fantastic !! cheer.gif Wheel setup done !! piratenanner.gif

Jaxdream

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.