Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meeting in MA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
As I just posted on Pelican...I drive by this car show each Sunday in Burlington MA. This week I was thinking how cool it would be to have several Porsche's invade the lot all at once. Would anyone be interested in an informal meeting some Sunday soon? The ice cream stand puts out a grill for dogs and burgers and the lot should be big enough even if we overflow into the next one.

Whatcha think?
djm914-6
Anyone for this Sunday 9/27? Car Show Times are usually around 2pm to 6pm from what I can tell.

Site is Schoolhouse Icecream 216 Cambridge St. Burlington, MA
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Sep 23 2009, 09:51 AM) *

Anyone for this Sunday 9/27? Car Show Times are usually around 2pm to 6pm from what I can tell.

Site is Schoolhouse Icecream 216 Cambridge St. Burlington, MA

I'm spoken for for the next three weekend's. Would be a 4 hour plus trip for me. How about thinking about a NE gathering in the late spring, west or north of Boston?
djm914-6
I want to do that too. My wife and I were talking about that rennlist, Pelican, 914... BBQ we held a few years ago and the turn out was great. I'd love to do it again with a nice ride thrown in as well. I purchased several "great drives" books for some ideas. The had part is coming up with a local. At my home, I don't mind forking out the money for BBQ supplies but to hold it at another location it gets difficult and possibly expensive. I wish I knew how these left coasters do it so often.
Ian Stott
I would be interested in that, what about just before or after Hershey so us long distance guys could make a week of it.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
r_towle
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Sep 23 2009, 10:36 AM) *

I want to do that too. My wife and I were talking about that rennlist, Pelican, 914... BBQ we held a few years ago and the turn out was great. I'd love to do it again with a nice ride thrown in as well. I purchased several "great drives" books for some ideas. The had part is coming up with a local. At my home, I don't mind forking out the money for BBQ supplies but to hold it at another location it gets difficult and possibly expensive. I wish I knew how these left coasters do it so often.

I have 10 acres and parking for probably 150 cars on the grass if that appeals.
I would love to do a yearly event up in our area just to re-establish friends.

Rich
rhcb914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 23 2009, 02:14 PM) *

I have 10 acres and parking for probably 150 cars on the grass if that appeals.
I would love to do a yearly event up in our area just to re-establish friends.

Rich

Rich your place would be a great location for a gathering. There are also some great roads in southern NH for a mid Oct foliage ride.
sixerdon
So what's wrong with a meeting in Newport at the Northeast Region Concours this Saturday? The sun is going to shine and the temps are going to be cool. The venue is spectacular at the Elm's mansion on the lawn. It's not going to cost anything to show up.
Here's what I can't figure out. The 912 Registry has a list of 15 912's showing up. About the same for 356's. Over 20 928's from the local 928 club. Countless 911's, Boxters, etc. As of Wed evening there are 60 entrants for the concours. Am I the only914? Not all are members of PCA or are going to enter the concours. This is the largest gathering of Porsches this year in this area. You don't have to enter. Just be drive your 914 down and be social. There are several here on World I haven't met yet. Some I have known for several years.
So, come on down to Newport Saturday where the weather and the company will be fine.
And bring your camera.

Don
djm914-6
Sorry Don, it's too far for me as I need to be at one of my jobs by 6pm. That sounds like a great event though.
r_towle
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Sep 24 2009, 10:58 PM) *

So what's wrong with a meeting in Newport at the Northeast Region Concours this Saturday? The sun is going to shine and the temps are going to be cool. The venue is spectacular at the Elm's mansion on the lawn. It's not going to cost anything to show up.
Here's what I can't figure out. The 912 Registry has a list of 15 912's showing up. About the same for 356's. Over 20 928's from the local 928 club. Countless 911's, Boxters, etc. As of Wed evening there are 60 entrants for the concours. Am I the only914? Not all are members of PCA or are going to enter the concours. This is the largest gathering of Porsches this year in this area. You don't have to enter. Just be drive your 914 down and be social. There are several here on World I haven't met yet. Some I have known for several years.
So, come on down to Newport Saturday where the weather and the company will be fine.
And bring your camera.

Don

I can answer that.
For one, the advertising for the event sucks as usual.
There is still no address on the web site...so yet again it makes it hard to find the venue.

Is it so secret that they only tell you if you pay for the magazine??? This has been the closed club mantra for years. Its stupid.

How old school and lame is that. That magazine is a profit center (for one) and it needs to be posted online for all to see. See if DW has ever heard of the Internet....its a new thing to help spread the word....more entrants means more revenue. Its not all about selling magazine subscriptions.

No one at NER wants a 914 to show up...

There are a few reasons.

Rich
william harris
Rich: As usual you are right on the money. It is a closed community and has been for as long as I can remember (since 1995 when I joined NER and after a few years just faded away).
sixerdon
Here's a link to the Northeast Region Concours at the Elm's mansion held yesterday.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bergenj/Concou...eat=directlink#

About 200 Porsches showed up on this fine day despite any perceived lack of advertising. About 500 people found out the hard way that it was a "closed community". We even had a total of 4 914's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it must have been the largest 914 gathering in New England this year.

Sorry for the hi-jack Dave. But I tried my best to gather as many 914's as I could. Maybe we can try another time.

Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.