Not 914 specific, but applicable. I started out doing the harnesses for EJ22s into '80s subarus. But since then, I have done many different projects. Including SVX 3.3 H6s into imprezas and a legacy. a couple WRX swaps. etc.

Then I did a harness for an EJ22 that was powering some sort of drilling rig in California. to this day I don't really know what it was doing, but it wasn't in a car at all.....

Also done a couple for VW-based buggies. and a few more for vanagons and other older VWs.

Now I'm looking at buying a '74 914 from my uncle, and putting a built, supercharged, 9.5:1 2.2l in it. Just gotta get the insurance company to pay up on my wrecked XT6.

ANYWAY. on to the good stuff. Send me the full bulkhead harness (under the dash....yea, it's an enormous pain to remove. sorry) from your donor car. and I'll strip it down, and mark the dozen or so wires that can be hooked up to something (really, only about 4 are necessary. the rest are for gauges/lights, or sensors that have no purpose other than prevent a CEL code).
IPB Image IPB Image

for anything 2001 or older, I have a flat rate of $250 for a project like this. I can do some newer things (as long as there isn't an immobilizer to deal with), but the price will go up a bit. email me for more information.

At this rate, I do not modify the length of the harness at all. But I try to group the wires so they'll be as versatile as possible. I can modify lengths, but will need detailed information from you on lengths and locations so I can reproduce what you need, and the price will go up a bit.

Best way to get a hold of me is through the email form on my website:
http://www.numbchuxconversions.com
More information is also available there.