Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hot start trouble in my 3.0 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
I have no trouble starting my car cold, none!
but when it is hot, it takes a few to many cranks to start it up
this problem started in mid summer, it was fine before then
i changed the wur, but to no avail
i am looking for trouble shooting ideas...
the engine is a stock 3.0 with cis, and the idle control valve has been deleted
SLITS
Residual pressure not being held in system either becuase of the fuel accumulator or check valve in pump. Should hold 20 psig for about 20 minutes on shutdown.
Cap'n Krusty
What's an "idle control valve"? That's not a term I would associate with a CIS 911. The Cap'n
pete-stevers
i am finally getting to this problem...
it has been a busy winter
Cap'n the part in question that has been removed from the cis is the aux air regulator (i think that is what it is called)...not idle control valve

how does one check a fuel acumulator, the one i have is less than two years old.( it is a vw part)

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jan 3 2010, 07:06 PM) *

i am finally getting to this problem...
it has been a busy winter
Cap'n the part in question that has been removed from the cis is the aux air regulator (i think that is what it is called)...not idle control valve

how does one check a fuel acumulator, the one i have is less than two years old.( it is a vw part)

The only time I've had an accum go bad is storing it after use (during an engine o'haul) , and it failed upon putting it back into service. I would try replacing your 1-way check valve (in the banjo fitt) just atop the pump discharge...much cheaper than an accum. Also a bad accum will be "Bad" either hot or cold, so proll'y not your problem. If you can get your line press and system press checked by a tech during cold and hot drive cycles you could solve your problems faster.
Marty
pete-stevers
thanks marty, i will take a look at this part, as well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.