Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 hard throttle line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
proto31
Does anyone know, or can anyone measure the length from tip to tip of their 914-6 throttle linkage that runs from the transmission up to the carbs? It's the steel line with the half circle in it to clear the drive axles.

I'm looking for a measurement from tip to tip (literally). I've got a later 911 bar that I believe is longer, I'd like to know how much it needs to be shortened to work. welder.gif

Thanks,

Dan
jt914-6
From the loop at the rear, straight line, no "hump" to carb. linkage---22".

Click to view attachment
McMark
Please let us know what you find out, regarding length.
proto31
Thanks, I'll measure my 911 version tonight and let you know what needs to be done.

Dan
TROJANMAN
I am putting mine back together tonight (I hope)
I can probably grab a measurement for you.

edit:
Here's a pic of mine, but it looks like you already got the specs
IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
How does that work Greg?

It looks like there's very little mechanical advantage for the pull rod. There should be some angle between the pull rod attachment and the throttle cable stud.

IRRC a stock 914-6 bell crank has about a 75 degree angle, whereas the bell crank in your pic looks to be about 180 degrees. You can see the differences by the two pics.
SLITS
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 17 2009, 11:44 AM) *

How does that work Greg?

It looks like there's very little mechanical advantage for the pull rod. There should be some angle between the pull rod attachment and the throttle cable stud.

IRRC a stock 914-6 bell crank has about a 75 degree angle, whereas the bell crank in your pic looks to be about 180 degrees. You can see the differences by the two pics.

Ask the Kraut (Thomas) .... he fabricated it (and did a nice job too)! I drove the car. It goes ZOOM just like all sixes.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 17 2009, 10:44 AM) *

How does that work Greg?

Well, when the car is running, I usually push on the gas and go biggrin.gif

But like Ron said, Thomas was the engineer behind this one.
I just posted a picture, because I thought it looked cool smile.gif
McMark
has about a 75 degree angle, whereas the bell crank in your pic looks to be about 180 degrees

Offset angle doesn't matter (much), radius (or arm length) dictates the mechanical advantage. The ratio of input arm to output arm looks to be roughly the same as a stock bellcrank, and knowing Thomas, I bet he measured them and they're exactly the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.