Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch disk and
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
The fly wheel side looks OK but the pressure plate side of the disk looks like it's only wearing in the middle. Do I need a new pressure plate? Can the pressure plate be turned to true it up? Should I fogetaboudit and put it back together?
Elliot Cannon
Here's the pressure plate. About 22,000 miles on this clutch.
tat2dphreak
imho, use it, it honestly doesn't look that bad. if you turn the pressure plate you should get a new clutch.assuming the springs are good, both look to be good enough, probably... was it slipping before?

when I replace a clutch or pp tho, I replace all 3, and I never turn the pp, just get a new one.. so there's you my 2 choices, all new, or go back with slightly used.
ClayPerrine
It looks to me like the disk was replaced without replacing the pressure plate...

Standard practice for a clutch job...

New clutch disk.
New pressure plate
New throwout bearing
New pilot bearing.

Turn flywheel, making sure that the shoulder that the mounting shoulder for the pressure plate is turned down the same amount as the flywheel surface. Also check to see if the flywheel has been turned below minimum specifications. If it has, then it is red tagged and is unusable.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.