Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 bulkhead engine mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jaybird840
I purchased this under the assumption that it was the Rich Johnson mount, which I have the correct pieces for. It is most likely the maddog mount, which has different spacing than Rich's mount. You can locate maddog here to complete the kit, or on evilbay. $125 plus shipping, or best offer. Going to eBay on Sunday. thanks!!

--jaybird

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
maddog
Hey Jaybird, how long ago did you buy that from me? I have made a quite a few revisions to the mount now, it looks a lot different. What happened to the nose cone piece that bolts to the engine? Just curious.

Dave (maddog)

Click to view attachment
jaybird840
Hey Dave,

I actually picked this up from another board member who told me it was one of RJ's mounts. When I tried to install the nose cone, i discovered it was for a later model engine than the 2.7 I was building. I called Rich and he offered to exchange for the proper one. When I installed it, I discovered that the spacing on the mounts was different than yours. I'm sure when Rich did the exchange, he went "crap, this isn't even mine." So, now I have your bulkhead mount with no nose cone to go with it. I've already got both correct pieces from Rich for my install. Just for my info, what can I tell a potential buyer to expect for a price for the nosecone piece??? Thanks for making contact!

--Jay

QUOTE(maddog @ Sep 18 2009, 08:46 AM) *

Hey Jaybird, how long ago did you buy that from me? I have made a quite a few revisions to the mount now, it looks a lot different. What happened to the nose cone piece that bolts to the engine? Just curious.

Dave (maddog)

Click to view attachment

maddog
Jay, nose cone alone would be $100 shipped.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.