Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does the wiper relay go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ghuff
What does it look like?

I have no windshield wipers and I am trying to figure out why. These cars are supposed to have a column wiper switch, correct?

Trying to get things sorted to make it drivable by the next weekend for a show.
rascobo
There is no wiper relay, at least not in My 73'.
ghuff
Hrmmmm ok. I guess it is wiring troubleshooting time.

r_towle
There was an optional intermittent wiper relay...not sure if that was a factory option or not...I think it was.

If you have it, the relay is in under the front hood, facing the windshield its on the left side (passenger) cowl support. Its tucked behind the support and zip tied to the support...its about 2.2.5 inches tall.

Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(ghuff @ Sep 18 2009, 09:45 AM) *

These cars are supposed to have a column wiper switch, correct?

No, not correct. Not all 914s had a column wiper switch ...

Like always, when asking those kind of question, you really need to supply more information.

Start by telling us what year your car is.
rolleyes.gif Andy
ghuff
1975 california car.

It has a column with a wiper stalk.
76-914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 18 2009, 02:08 PM) *

There was an optional intermittent wiper relay...not sure if that was a factory option or not...I think it was.

If you have it, the relay is in under the front hood, facing the windshield its on the left side (passenger) cowl support. Its tucked behind the support and zip tied to the support...its about 2.2.5 inches tall.

Rich
Hey Rich, Mine (76 aka 75) is on the drivers post and judging from the wire lengths I believe that was it's original location.
ghuff
I was assuming a lack of relay was why my wipers were non functional. I guess this is different than anything I have ever owned.

My relay panel in the engine bay has a lot of empty spots.

Trying to get the wipers working so if I drive it and get caught in rain I can see. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.