Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel leak!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
x6in6flames6x
is the easiest way the get to the lines underneath through that tiny hole behind the plate? or to pull the gas tank?
ericread
I'm a big guy with big hands, so the only way I even try to get to the fuel lines is to pull the tank. The good news is that I can pull a fuel tank in about 20 minutes now.

Eric
SirAndy
QUOTE(ericread @ Sep 18 2009, 12:46 PM) *

The good news is that I can pull a fuel tank in about 20 minutes now.

agree.gif

Pulling the tank is pretty straight forward ...

If you make the new fuel lines about a foot long, you'll be able to pull up the tank without having to disconnect the lines first.

Much easier that way!
driving.gif Andy
bdstone914
I pulled 2 Gas tanks yesterday, each took 15-20 mins by myself in the hot cali sun. Its alot easier to work with the tank out. Also, that access hole is a favorite spot for black widows, both cars yesterday had more then right under the tank when I pulled them. It could be the seals on the bottom of the tanks, or your old fabric hoses need to be replaced. When replacing them try not to make them too long as they will want to kink when putting the tank back in. 12 -14 inches is a perfect length. If you get it most of the way out and it seems like its caught on something, that would be the fuel tank level sender wires stopping the tank.
x6in6flames6x
awesome, thanks guys. found the leak already just needed to know the best plan of action.

luckly we dont have many black widows in the PNW.

again, thanks for the input!
76-914
I can do one in 20 min's...............Now! That first one took a taddddd longer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.