Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suby Engine, What Fuel pump?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
westgl
Hello,

I am doing a 2004 Subie 2.5 NA engine install into my 1974 914.

Anyone use a different fuel pump, other than, stock. My stock fuel pump (Porche fuel pump was missing as was the engine)

What should I be looking for to match the needs of the subie FI engine.

Thanks

Westgl
Brujo65
QUOTE(westgl @ Sep 18 2009, 10:14 PM) *

Hello,

I am doing a 2004 Subie 2.5 NA engine install into my 1974 914.

Anyone use a different fuel pump, other than, stock. My stock fuel pump (Porche fuel pump was missing as was the engine)

What should I be looking for to match the needs of the subie FI engine.

Thanks

Westgl

ck with outfront motorsports they have the pump you need
VOX
wondering the same thing, i'm hoping for a cheap alternative. im running an ej22 NA. my fuel pump although i have the one from the car, im not sure if its still running and if it will provide the appropriate fuel pressure.
plymouth37
I am running a 928 fuel pump but I am also running a turbo. Not sure if it would be appropriate for an N/A engine.
BIGKAT_83
The stock subaru intank pump will fit with just a little work. The fuel level sender is even close to what the stock 914 vdo gauge needs. About as cheap as they get came with my donor car.
Click to view attachment
DBCooper
I use a generic Walbro 255 lph mounted on the lower front of the engine compartment. Simple, no drama.
pktzygt
I bought the pierburg pump from Outfront and decided to use the stock suby setup in the pic above. I bought the suby sized fuel lines from tangerine and decided the suby fuel pump matched the hose size better without renegades complicated solution.

I haven't done any of this yet (broken foot and no garage) except the fuel lines. Still kinda nervous about cutting on the fuel tank. I'll probably do the eastwood fuel tank preservative kit and then cut it when I get my garage next month.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.