Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTT Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jayoutwest
I would like some advice. I have what seems to be a very clean Weber 44idf carb that came with the large supply of parts I received when I bought a black 1972 914 for one hundred and fifty dollars. One carb only. I’m not sure the logic of why he sold me essentially an entire 914 and all the parts less an engine and trans with minimal rust, but that is another topic we could entertain later.
I am going to go the direction of carburetion for intake. I would like some opinions on what I should do. Do they make a weber single carb set up for the 1.7? Has anyone had a single 44 on their 914 and if so how well did it run?
I have been told I could get some decent money if I was to just sell this but I am tight for money and my end goal is two have dual carbs. I would be fine with delortos or smaller webers as by what I have read on some posts is that dual 44’s is too much for a 1.7.
So I would be up for a trade for other carbs if that was the way to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hopefully, I will see your responses as I have asked some questions and fail to see any answers on posts. I’m sure it’s because I’m new and have no clue what the heck I’m doing on here yet.
435-623-1688
Jayoutwest@hotmail.com
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

JAY:

If you must change to carbs with resulting loss of H.P. the advice is the Duel

Weber 40's.

My experence with the smaller Weber 34 ICT is it is to restrictive. The

center mounted single 2 BL. IS THE INTAKE RUNNERS ARE TO LONG , fuel

comes out of sepention in those long intake runners. it pools and dump raw fuel

into the cly.resulting in a running 914.horrible . Plus for a good running 914 with

carbs ,and no loss of H.P. you must split the case and install a proper cam.

For over all performace keep the Fuel Injection , it is after all what POrsche

designed for it. My 2 cents Dave slap.gif

jayoutwest
In that case, I would be willing to trade this weber for fuel injection equipment that works for a 1.7. Fuel mass meter, injectors and other affiliated injection stuff. Thanks.
jayoutwest
44IDF carb is sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.