Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB =L-Jet Decel air valve 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914runnow
Used in great cond. or new desired..
this is a new post..but pics can be seen.
on the other prior request for the 2.0 Vdub..
Thanks Rx
davesprinkle
QUOTE(914runnow @ Sep 18 2009, 10:31 PM) *

Thanks Rx

I don't mean to second-guess your reasons for installing the deccel valve, but you're aware that it doesn't really have an effect on the way the engine runs, right? If you're missing the valve, just plug the vacuum lines.
type47
I'm the other poster looking for the same part. I see a connection between the decel and the fuel pressure regulator so I wonder if it really is needed after all.
zonedoubt
It depends on how you want the engine to behave during deceleration. I like the "feel" with the decel valve installed.

Plus if you have to emissions test your car, it could have an effect on the readings.
davesprinkle
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 19 2009, 07:40 AM) *

I'm the other poster looking for the same part. I see a connection between the decel and the fuel pressure regulator so I wonder if it really is needed after all.

Yeah, they might be connected to the same vacuum line tee fitting, but their functions are not related.

You can delete the deccel valve; just make sure that the fuel pressure reg still has a manifold pressure reference line.
davesprinkle
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Sep 19 2009, 08:47 AM) *

It depends on how you want the engine to behave during deceleration. I like the "feel" with the decel valve installed.

Plus if you have to emissions test your car, it could have an effect on the readings.

I tried my car with and without the deccel valve. Didn't perceive a difference. (Maybe mine is bad?) And you're right, the deccel valve should probably be in place for an emissions check.
914runnow
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Sep 19 2009, 12:12 AM) *

Thanks Rx

I don't mean to second-guess your reasons for installing the deccel valve, but you're aware that it doesn't really have an effect on the way the engine runs, right? If you're missing the valve, just plug the vacuum lines.

Concour.....CW Stuff ..
Thanx on the info..
914runnow
QUOTE(914runnow @ Sep 20 2009, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Sep 19 2009, 12:12 AM) *

Thanks Rx

Concour.....CW Stuff ..
Thanx on the info..

icon_bump.gif poke.gif confused24.gif Still Looking....
rymann
I also think that alot of that is climate and altitude related........

and i may have it as well...hit me with the part # and ill check.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.