Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's Galore!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rebelmdot
Good morning 914 junkies. I am speaking with a guy that has 17 914's. Currently none run. He has stated that 3 of them could be back on the road rather quickly with minor restoration. One of which is a 76 2.0 from California, claiming to be rust free. What is the going rate for a tub? Motor? Tranny? Varying from 1.7 - 2.0. I want to make an informed business decision rather than letting my emotion of owning 20 914's at the same time get the best of me..................and yes either way I will try and get the VIN's. Thanks for your input.
JRust
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Sep 19 2009, 10:14 AM) *

Good morning 914 junkies. I am speaking with a guy that has 17 914's. Currently none run. He has stated that 3 of them could be back on the road rather quickly with minor restoration. One of which is a 76 2.0 from California, claiming to be rust free. What is the going rate for a tub? Motor? Tranny? Varying from 1.7 - 2.0. I want to make an informed business decision rather than letting my emotion of owning 20 914's at the same time get the best of me..................and yes either way I will try and get the VIN's. Thanks for your input.

Dude people think I am sick! 20 914's is insane biggrin.gif . Guess it all depends on the price. If it is affordable & you have the space for the cars then go for it. I probably would myself blink.gif
SirAndy
If only i had the space ...

I'd probably have a 100 or more.
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rebelmdot
No pictures yet, and $8500.00 for all of them.
gms
Sounds like this ad. With people giving parts away for free it will be hard to make $8.5K back IMHO
stuttgart46
I think it depends on the 3 that are in close to running condition. If you can get those 3 on the road with the parts you have than I would say go for it. You should be able to recoup your investment by selling those 3. I wish I was closer to you. I'd love to help.
rmital
...I found a guy in NJ on craigslist selling a 914. It's been sitting in his garage for 10 years on blocks. The car spent it's whole life, daily driver in New Jersey (winter's with road salt), so there's got to be plenty of rust...it's a mess.
He wants no less than $4000, and that's just one pile of parts. lol-2.gif
so $8500 seems pretty reasonable...but looking forward to the pics
veltror
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 19 2009, 08:21 PM) *

...I found a guy in NJ on craigslist selling a 914. It's been sitting in his garage for 10 years on blocks. The car spent it's whole life, daily driver in New Jersey (winter's with road salt), so there's got to be plenty of rust...it's a mess.
He wants no less than $4000, and that's just one pile of parts. lol-2.gif
so $8500 seems pretty reasonable...but looking forward to the pics

So what must you be thinking about mine..... dry.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I had to check your name twice Thought it was JRUST. Jamie has the

remaining 914's in the U.S. He seems to buy 1 a week. OH well I just

envious!!!! I would try $7,500 on him. You could always go up to $ 8,500.

But you what to see them before money changes hands. Also do you have

a place you can store them correctly? Dave slap.gif
r_towle
Add in transportation...figure another 3-5k to get them home.
If you have the time and the desire to own a 914 junkyard....go for it.
Rich
type47
I saw that ad. I think you could recover $8.5 from the 3 "good" ones easily.
rebelmdot
QUOTE(gms @ Sep 19 2009, 01:39 PM) *

Sounds like this ad. With people giving parts away for free it will be hard to make $8.5K back IMHO

That is the ad, I just saw it on Craig's List as he posted it in my neck of the woods.
A&PGirl
I would like to know the going rate too.

I just made a deal to save 6 cars, plus enough parts to fill a nice sized U-haul from being crushed. I've seen them before, but that was back in March and they were all rebuildable with the current available metal parts.

I'm paying $800.00 for everything.

I have no space for cars, so anyone in the area that wants a rustoration or roller for a conversion project, pm me.

I was just at the big storage unit this afternoon cleaning up and assembling shelves. idea.gif You know, when I was moving the 350T, I said "Dad I want this one and I want the M26 Matador too".
Al Meredith
Christian, Where are you in Tenn ? and where are the cars? I'm not trying to scoop them away from you just trying to see if itis worth it to trailer from Atlanta should you make a deal. Al
914rrr
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Sep 20 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Christian, Where are you in Tenn ? and where are the cars? I'm not trying to scoop them away from you just trying to see if itis worth it to trailer from Atlanta should you make a deal. Al

Hi Al,

We know Joe (the guy that has the 914's). He is just east of Nashville and about 2 hours from us. Very good guy. We have done business with him numerous times in the past with no problems.

Nel smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
If there was that much profit to be made on this deal....... Look at the HUGE money guys are selling parts for on eBay.

I've heard that he is a good guy, but I'm betting there's a whole lot of pure scrap there.
URY914
You got to remember that 95% of the parts of a 914 are just about worthless to someone else. Anything that is rusty is not wanted by others. Anything that people already have is not wanted.

You might get 3 runners and a bunch of crap that needs to go to a scrap dealer.
cooltimes
If you can save 1, you get a earned place in the 914 kingdom. Saving 3 or more will make you almost a 914 assistant to the 914god (for any that yell, note I used a small g).

914 parts usually just gather dust and varmints except the doors, lids, bumpers and from what that pix shows, most anything else of use are in already residents of fantasyland.

BTW, I think you can get everything you see in that photo for $3000 or even less.

MikeCool
Oakfield TN (North of Jackson)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.