Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There's a hole in my engine compartment, dear Liza
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjbunn
I just removed an A/C compressor from my 914, and it has of course left a gaping hole in the engine compartment. See below:

IPB Image

This should be filled: would the standard piece of engine sheet metal be a good choice, or should I fabricate something custom? (I'm pretty sure the A/C installers cut part of the bay out to fit the compressor in.)

I'd welcome some advice.

Also, if anyone wants a York A/C compressor including the mounting plate, it's yours for the postage (which may be significant, as it's darned heavy!)

Thanks!
SirAndy
Do it right, get the correct sheet metal for the engine.
And replace the hacked up engine shelf.
And remove the fiberglass patch on top of your hell-hole and properly fix the rust underneath.

smash.gif Andy
jjbunn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 19 2009, 01:53 PM) *

And remove the fiberglass patch on top of your hell-hole and properly fix the rust underneath.

smash.gif Andy

There is no rust beneath the patch, which has been well done, but thanks for the input.
trojanhorsepower
With straw dear Willie, with straw lol-2.gif
type47
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 19 2009, 12:53 PM) *

agree.gif but there's "always" rust somewhere...
jjbunn
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 19 2009, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 19 2009, 12:53 PM) *

agree.gif but there's "always" rust somewhere...

Too true biggrin.gif But the PO, a meticulous guy, described the process he used for this repair, and I am confident there will be no rust there.

I'm not saying there isn't any rust elsewhere, of course smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.