Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which parts are the same for 73 and 74 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
I have a 1973 2.0 rust free shell , i have the engine and tranny for that car but nothing else, i also have a 1974 2.0 parts car, which parts are not the same on the 74 compared to a 73. , but im concern about wiring harness, brakes, suspension, dash pad, guages any info would be much appreciated, whatever parts are different i will have to start looking for. or find a 73 parts car...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

73 or 74 all the same, interior,exterior,engine,transaxle, thats what I say!!

Anything different would be minor!!!!!! Dave slap.gif
GeorgeRud
agree.gif

I seem to remember that the 73 2.0 had a bunch of goodies (swaybars, allow wheels) that became an optional "appearance group" in 74, but were otherwise pretty much identical. The only real difference that I can recall was perhaps the seatbelt interlock and warning light. Neither should cause any significant problems in doing the swap.
naro914
QUOTE(crxnug @ Sep 19 2009, 04:42 PM) *

...which parts are not the same on the 74 compared to a 73. ....

VIN plates... smile.gif
914Sixer
The biggest difference is the wiring harness. The seat belt interlock under passenger seat is the major difference. Also the other difference is if it has the late fuel tank (plastic top). Everything else is the same.
Cevan
Parts of the FI: ECU, CHT sensor, MPS, dizzy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.