Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn light indicator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
elsargento
When I start my car in the morning to go to work both left and right turn indicator instrument lights are light...After I drive 1/2 hour or so they go away..weird huh?
everything else electrically works by the book..any ideas?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(elsargento @ Sep 19 2009, 03:55 PM) *

When I start my car in the morning to go to work both left and right turn indicator instrument lights are light...After I drive 1/2 hour or so they go away..weird huh?
everything else electrically works by the book..any ideas?

This post covered part of what you ask: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=47236&st=0
904svo
One or more of your turn singal bulbs are burn out.
elsargento
turn signals work just fine. Maybe the tach turn light arrows are suppose to be lit..both..seems wierd maybe there is a problem with the relay..partially closed turning on the indicator lights..i'll ohm that wire out and see..really no big deal..can live with it like it is.
Sleepin
Val's car has the same issue. All of the signals work, but the tach has both indicators lit all the time...I have not got around to checking it out yet.
Spoke
I believe the reason for the lights being lit all the time is the secondary relay in the flasher relay is either bad or leaky. In my 74 the indicator would be dim when no turn signals then flash bright/dim when a turn signal was on.

In my 71, they would be off when no turn signals then both would flash dim when either right or left was selected.

For the 74, I replaced the tach with a early tach with right/left indicators and just wired them directly across the front/rear turnsignal bulbs and connected the other end to ground.

In the 71, I disconnected the common connection of the indicator lamps from the relay and just connected them to ground. Also swapped right and left bulbs.

In both cars, I rewired instead of purchasing a new flasher. I disabled the feature of being able to tell if a turn signal bulb is burned out like the manufacturer had designed it. However, I am not a manufacturer; I'm just the owner of a very old car so I can do what I want with this "feature".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.