Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good deal on a parts car? 1974 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
I bought this car today a 1974 2.0, engine turns over but does not start. for $1300 canadian, not sure how good i did as its hard to find a cheap 914 in Canada. mostly went there thinking of it as a parts car but surprisingly battery tray was fine, hell hole didnt look bad from what i could see , underneath the only hole was about a foot in front of passenger side rear wheel well under car (rocker panel)?, interior is in great condition, 1 small crack on dash that you can hardly see, guages are mint, seats are in great condition except for a small crack on drivers cushion, backpad is prefect. center console in very nice with the only flaw is the switch on the right side.

has jack stand, body panels are bondo free and very little rust, only two spots when you open the doors,
, surface rust under car but no holes other then the one spot, might be worse then it looks once you start probing, but still has some desent parts on it if its not worth saving. i,,l post more pics once i get her home, not sure if i got a good deal but im happy, another 914 in the family. driving.gif here are the pics from the ad
My Webpage
My Webpage
My Webpage
GeorgeRud
Looks pretty straight! I think you got a good deal if the mechanicals aren't totally ruined.

A good chassis is the most important part of any old car! Time and money can fix just about anything else.

Enjoy in good health!
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(crxnug @ Sep 19 2009, 06:38 PM) *

I bought this car today a 1974 2.0, engine turns over but does not start. for $1300 canadian, not sure how good i did as its hard to find a cheap 914 in Canada. mostly went there thinking of it as a parts car but surprisingly battery tray was fine, hell hole didnt look bad from what i could see , underneath the only hole was about a foot in front of passenger side rear wheel well under car (rocker panel)?, interior is in great condition, 1 small crack on dash that you can hardly see, guages are mint, seats are in great condition except for a small crack on drivers cushion, backpad is prefect. center console in very nice with the only flaw is the switch on the right side.

has jack stand, body panels are bondo free and very little rust, only two spots when you open the doors,
, surface rust under car but no holes other then the one spot, might be worse then it looks once you start probing, but still has some desent parts on it if its not worth saving. i,,l post more pics once i get her home, not sure if i got a good deal but im happy, another 914 in the family. driving.gif here are the pics from the ad
My Webpage
My Webpage
My Webpage

Looks like a killer deal for an eastern Canada ship. I was having a rough time finding a car that I couldn't put my hand through most panals here in BC. Rust buckets can be real time toilets speaking from past experience.

Good luck
SW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.