Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VW's takeover of Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Never thought I'd see it happen, and I am pissed that it has!
A dickhead named Wiedeking(sp) has destroyed Porsche! And, he gets 50 Mill Euros to go away!

So, now Porsche is part of VW. Really comforting, since that last 2 of my 12 VW products have been pieces of shit!

Comforting? No.

I'll take my bucks elsewhere.

YO Porsche - you fu__d up, and deserve your fate.

Bet you have really nice family reunions! Dickheads!
Rick_Eberle
Ferdinand Piech in charge of Porsche can only be a good thing...
GeorgeRud
I'd have to agree, Piech seems to be the one that inherited the old man's smarts. The different sides of the family had been bickering so bad in the earlt 70s, that they had to turn control over to others. Piech seemed to be the brains in the early 70s, and has only gotten "schmarter" through the years.
craig downs
So I guess all Porsche's now will be VW- Porsche. Hey since our cars where the original VW-Porsche they should really worth something now.
Zimms
While Wendelin Wiedeking recent exploits went to shit rather quickly, he was the saving grace of Porsche for the last 15 years. He has had quite an impact on the profitability and success of the company. He really had a positive impact in the 1990's when things were looking bleak.

I like that Piech is back at the helm through VW. Should make for some interesting times. Hopefully more motorsports!
slackin' at work
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 19 2009, 10:29 PM) *

A dickhead named Wiedeking(sp) has destroyed Porsche! And, he gets 50 Mill Euros to go away!

So, now Porsche is part of VW. Really comforting, since that last 2 of my 12 VW products have been pieces of shit!

Comforting? No.

assimilate.gif
I for one think its about damn time.

they've been bedfellows for so long... it's not *that* big of a transition.

my daily driver has a body from VW.
engine used by VW, porsche, and audi.
drivetrain from audi.

so I think it's all good.

veltror
with the amount of platform cross sharing its no big deal, as for the last two VW products being pieces of shit, GM produces no just pieces but complete vehicles made from excrement, if they were to join wiyh Yugo it would be an improvement
richardL
There was a small piece in Saturdays Mercury News saying that Porsche have now been told that the Panamera and Cayenne will not be updated beyond their current models and that Porsche will now concentrate on Sports Cars - including an entry level vehicle ('in the spirit of the 356')
jsayre914
QUOTE(richardL @ Sep 20 2009, 06:57 PM) *

Porsche will now concentrate on Sports Cars - including an entry level vehicle ('in the spirit of the 356')

Now that would be cool to see
x6in6flames6x
i read an article that said porsche is keeping everything the same as far as how the company is run.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vol...icle_2653.shtml

"Porsche’s independence in the integrated group will be safeguarded, in line with Volkswagen’s proven decentralized management model. As is the case today with Audi and other successful group brands, Porsche will retain its identity, while at the same time benefiting from its membership of the integrated group. Under the comprehensive agreement, Porsche will be an independent company headquartered in Zuffenhausen, retaining its independent structures. Additionally, Porsche AG’s employee representatives will be able to participate in the elections to Volkswagen AG’s Supervisory Board following the merger."
IronHillRestorations
At least it's a car company and not the US Government!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Sep 20 2009, 05:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Sep 19 2009, 10:29 PM) *

Comforting? No.

assimilate.gif
I for one think its about damn time.

they've been bedfellows for so long... it's not *that* big of a transition.

my daily driver has a body from VW.
engine used by VW, porsche, and audi.
drivetrain from audi.

so I think it's all good.

Refresh me on your DD. 49 years around VW/Audi/Porsche products and I can't recall such a vehicle ............

The Cap'n
Cupomeat
I would hazard to guess that his DD is a R32.

The engine (VR6) is used in various forms by VW, Porsche and Audi (trucks) and the drive train is not Really Audi but I see what he is saying.

Maybe I am wrong, but that is the only thing that fits the bill.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 21 2009, 08:53 AM) *

The engine (VR6) is used in various forms by VW, Porsche and Audi (trucks) and the drive train is not Really Audi but I see what he is saying.

Mind telling me what Porsche is powered by a VR6? For that matter, what Audi?

The Cap'n
flipb
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 21 2009, 11:53 AM) *

This suddenly belongs in the "Guess that car" thread... our first photo-less entry.
736conver
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 21 2009, 11:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 21 2009, 08:53 AM) *

Mind telling me what Porsche is powered by a VR6? For that matter, what Audi?

The Cap'n

Dont know of any Porsche with the VR6 but the audi TT uses the VR6
Cupomeat
Well, perhaps you are all being cute (as some would argue it is another NARP), but the Cayenne 3.6 uses the VR6 motor.

Yup, the top model TT also has the VR6 as does the bottom level Q7 (truck).

VW is using it for the Passat, the R32 and the Toureg 2 as well as maybe another I forgot.
Kargeek
For years I was told my porsche was a volkswagen...

Click to view attachment
ottox914
A little recent history of the 2 mfgs.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/...1896714,00.html

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.