Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got a ticket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
So here's my vent thread,

yesterday I'm trying to turn around on an access road inbetween a police station and a parking lot. A cop comes out, screams at me and gives me a ticket for going the wrong way on a one way street!!! The officer was the most rude unprofessional cop I've ever seen, and given the situation there was no reason in hell for why he got so angry.

Anyway now I have a ticket that I have to fight or else my ins. record will go up like 3 points.

I get home pissed as hell, and decide to go for a drive. half hr later, weaving the 914 through my favorite roads and I almost began to feel normal again. I dont know what it is but that car just wipes away all of my stress.
william harris
Get in touch with Charlie on the boxster forum (986forum.com) He knows a Boston area attorney who is supposed to be able to work wonders and get tickets thrown out. Good Luck, and remember we are living in the friggin' peoples republic of taxachusetts. happy11.gif
davep
You were probably the straw that broke the camels back.
You did a dumb thing in the wrong location, can't say I'm sympathetic though.
Yeah, a toot in the 914 is better than 3 hours with a shrink.

I once got a ticket for speeding. I had hit a spot of ice while accelerating away from a stop on my bike. The only way I knew to keep from dumping the bike was to keep accelerating. I couldn't convince the cop, so I just said the ticket was cheaper than damage to the bike or myself. Some things you just have to write off in life. Thats the school of hard knocks.
Eric_Shea
"Plea in Abayence"

Call now and ask for the Judge. Ask if they have a Plea in Abayence program. Most counties/cities/states do... fact is, they could care less about your driving habits, they simply need to generate revenue. Tell him/her that you have an excellent driving record and you would like to support your county and not the insurance industry. You might even be able to get a little quib in there about "Officer Friendly" but don't push it.

Save the attorney fees. You'll probably pay a court fee but nothing will go on your record.

Basically, they hold your plea in abayence, a probationary period (90-days to 3 years). If you're a good boy during the specified period then they tear up the ticket and nobody's the wiser (read: Insurance Company). If you get another infraction during your "abayence" period, you be screwed.

People, this works. Try it. I've had my last three tickets resolved this way. At "least" 10 years without a moving violation.
rick 918-S
Man I hate those no harm no foul tickets! It's bad enough you feel like a heal once you find out you made the mistake but the ticket is an insult! I got one once for rolling a stop sign that was shielded by a hedge in another state I don't live in. I was almost completely stopped anyway but not quite. No other cars for blocks! The cop did the same rude bad ass thing! Then gave me a $ 112.00 ticket!
RON S.
Hey,
Maybe John f'n Kerry can help you out,He claims to be a man who cares about the little guy right.You live right in his neighborhood.
He would be showing America that he could get things done.Standing up for little guy bein hassled by the MAN.
Give him a call,he cares wink.gif .Besides,he wants your vote.
Oops,I forgot,he already has that.Seeing as taxachussetts people wub.gif have been re-sending back to Wash.for the last 30 years. laugh.gif
If he can't help,Teddy will.Teddy knows how to beat the rap on a traffic problem.

Ron
Rouser
Hey,
Maybe John F'n Kerry can help you out.  He claims to be a man who cares about the little guy, right?  You live right in his neighborhood.
He would be showing America that he could get things done.  Standing up for little guy being hassled by the MAN.
Give him a call, he cares.  Besides, he wants your vote.

Oops, I forgot, he already has that.  Seeing as taxachussetts people have been re-sending back to Wash. for the last 30 years.
If he can't help, Teddy will.  Teddy knows how to beat the rap on a traffic problem.

Ouch! Couldna said it better myself ...
McMark
Damn, sucks. No tickets myself yet, but I try real hard. biggrin.gif
TimT
gives me a ticket for going the wrong way on a one way street!!!

OK well did you go the wrong way on a one way street?

Why does everyone BITCH when they get a ticket......as if they did nothing wrong

Perhaps the officers rudeness was proportioned to the stupidness of your offense?
URY914
I'd call Teddy K's lawyer.
Was it a one-way bridge?

laugh.gif cool_shades.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif cool_shades.gif w00t.gif

I crack myself up sometimes.

Paul
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(TimT @ Mar 12 2004, 07:57 PM)
gives me a ticket for going the wrong way on a one way street!!!

OK well did you go the wrong way on a one way street?

Why does everyone BITCH when they get a ticket......as if they did nothing wrong

Perhaps the officers rudeness was proportioned to the stupidness of your offense?

agree.gif

sorry he's right. everyone thinks they are the victim nowdays. even when they do the crime wacko.gif
URY914
everyone thinks they are the victim nowdays. even when they do the crime

agree.gif clap56.gif

Paul
URY914
I've been waiting to use this...
415PB
Tim and Aaron I have to buy you a beer. Couldn't have said it better myself. beer.gif
rhodyguy
i sure hope the political debating and banners don't last til november. ohmy.gif headbang.gif
EdwardBlume
I don't know guys....

Some cops are cool, others can be power happy SOBs. You also run the risk of scrutiny in a car the cops consider a street rod, or a P-car.

For example, when I was in HS, the local police looked up every vehicle code violation they could to apply at Cal Bugs. When you got pulled over, it became a roadside inspection. The cops would pull out a yard stick and measure headlight height! It got to be so bad that you couldn't drive one for a month without getting a ticket. They won.

Safe driving is about using good sense. It DOES piss you off when you get nailed for a minor or technical infraction when 20 minutes earlier you saw some jerk in a silver 993 freely scream by at 120!

That's just the way it is....
You guys are great, btw, we dont really get the chance to vote for more than one party over here so give us a break...of course the last time a democrat was in office I seem to remember paying 75 cents a gallon for gas on a trip to Atlanta...

Yeah,
The thing that really burned me was that I wasn't driving on a public road in the first place, I was a driveway leading to a parking lot...and I was going maybe 3 mph...no, It was just my bad luck, this guy was all fired up for some reason...and it wasn't the result of anything that I was doing.

Thanks for the laughs...I'm going to fight the ticket, at least to try to prevent my insr. from $$$
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.