Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reflective finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to restore the reflective (mirror like) finish inside the front turn signal (metal) and on the rear tailight assemblies (plastic)...

2-OH!
SirAndy
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Mar 12 2004, 11:21 AM)
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to restore the reflective (mirror like) finish inside the front turn signal (metal) and on the rear tailight assemblies (plastic)...

dave (korijo) had some paint on stuff that looked very nice.
can't remember the name, but it was posted about a year ago. wink.gif

Andy
HarveyH
I believe Eastwood carries a chrome spray paint, and probably your FLAPS. As with all painting, proper surface preparation is the key to good adhesion. If you want to go the more authentic route, a plating shop can redo the metal, and check out some of the advertisers in Hemmings Motor News or other old car publications who will rechrome plastic pieces. Replating will be significantly more $$$$$ than paint.

Harvey
rick 918-S
Auto supply stores carry a spray on product called Sim Chrome. Great fpr inside the lamp housings.
jonwatts
Good to hear, I bought a can to try on the reflector portion of my tail lights and front turn indicators.

I have a fiberglass rear bumper that will be going on my car. I'll paint it body color but I considered "chroming" it using MonoKote. Anyone ever use MonoKote on cars before?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.