Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Renault F1 Team Receives Suspended Sentence
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Hadn't seen this before (of course I don't really follow F1 racing at all): Renault FI Team Receives Suspended Sentence.

Skip
Cupomeat
Yeah, I just looked into it as your post was the first I heard.

apparently, they staged a crash to allow another team member the advantage of pitting on a yellow and thus winning the race.

Wow, what a gamble.

Next thing you'll tell me is that they have technical documentation from Ferrari, biggrin.gif

I am amazed how so many aspects of the world lack fundamental ethics. I guess I need to only worry about my family and hope for the best.
smontanaro
It is sad. I guess if there's enough money at stake ethics will always take a beating. IOW, everybody has their price.

S
Spoke
What is really sad is that all they got was probation. No fine. No disqualification.

Any time you have teams in motorsports someone will be asked to "take one for the team".

John Force just got called out when he smoked the tires against one of his teammates.
jsayre914
you couldnt pay me enough money to risk my life as he did. Suppose another car would have struck him, or his planned accident didnt go quite as planned confused24.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPuQNBMgBFo&feature
ahdoman
It's hard to believe the amount of money they have available when it's financially feasible to crash a car as opposed to doing something like accidently running off the track. You've got to love this quote though from Max Mosley-
"He told the BBC that Formula One had to be careful not to tolerate fraudulent behavior because “before long you’re the World Wrestling Federation, and that you can’t have.”
busmech
Mclaren must not be happy, they had someone who stole drawings and get fined 100 million and no points for the year. No one was in danger but no fine for Renault? Makes you wonder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.