Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nominations for Oct/Nov: Car of the Month Contest!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Time for our Oct/Nov COTM!

The first five cars nominated (and seconded) will be be on the ballot. The winning car will be featured on the homepage during Oct/Nov. Also, the winner will receive a snazzy award-graphic for their member profile!!

Nomination Procedures

1. Example: Someone nominates (hypothetically) Betty's 1974 1.8 as COTM. Short narratives and/or details are not only allowed - they're encouraged!
2. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
3. Someone else seconds that nomination for Betty's car (at this point, the nomination is official).
4. Once five cars have been nominated and seconded to be COTM, the nominations are complete.
5. Next, voting! (Please be fair. One vote per person, please. Don't use/register multiple accounts to cheat.)

Contest Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (see previous postings for details)
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by an 914World Member. Because we want to preserve these pictures in the thread, please post the pictures here or link to an existing 914world thread/blog image. Do not link to pictures on external sites or photo hosting services.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations before the beginning of the month. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please. smile.gif
6. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days! The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
7. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is not eligible to win again until the next calendar year.
8. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year - it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member.
9. These rules will be upheld at the discretion of the admin team. If you have a concern about a possible infraction, PM McMark, don't post publicly.
TravisNeff
So you must post more than 5 times per month to nominate someone?

4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.

The reason I ask was that someone was nominated that doesn't post much here anymore, and there was some grumbling about his nomination - so is it the nominator or nominee that needs to post more than 5 times per month?
Ferg
Ron D's Creamsicle smile.gif

Survivor that was found sitting outside a vw repair shop in eastern Boulder, for what must have been 12 years. I shot pics of it for Bowlsby way back when and tried to buy it from the shop owner. I was told it had a mechanics lein and that he was going to restore it one day... I gave up.

Ron saw my pics and went looking for it on his bike (how I saw it). He got the same story, but pushed further and found the lady owner, and she still had title. He paid her and picked the car up, shop owner never had a lein.

Sleepin
I second Ron's Cramsicle! It was awarded Best Survivor at RRC09! wink.gif
McMark
Travis,

I'm more interesting in honoring the members who participate here on a regular basis. Those are the people who are making our community better by their involvement. It's a badge of pride for someone to be able to say they were a COTM, why should we give that to someone who isn't even here?
TravisNeff
I agree with that statement. But #4. states that you have to be active to nominate someone else - kind of confusing.

Anyways, thanks for the clarification
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 21 2009, 10:11 PM) *

I'm more interesting in honoring the members who participate here on a regular basis. Those are the people who are making our community better by their involvement. It's a badge of pride for someone to be able to say they were a COTM, why should we give that to someone who isn't even here?

agree.gif

Btw., some of the COTM images below previous winners link to threads that are no longer visible in the public area, thus broken for the average user ...
shades.gif Andy
dw914er
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 21 2009, 11:11 PM) *

Travis,

makes sense to me beerchug.gif
SLITS
[IPB Image

I nominate Melba Davis's (TOAST) 1973 914 2.0L as shown above. Brought back from the ashes of rust, it is her daily driver.

IPB ImageIPB Image

A true Teener Girl ... she does most of her own maintence and takes care of of her car like a baby.

While she is not as active as she once was due to work ... she is a valued non-member.

More images later when I can find them.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 21 2009, 12:08 PM) *

Ron D's Creamsicle smile.gif

you need to tell us a little bit more about the car, because it really is a great car wink.gif
VaccaRabite
Second Toast's car. COTM needs to have more dailies, and hers is nice and she drives it everywhere (even when it means she needs a tow home...)

Zach
Ferg
I second Toast's nomination
type47
East Coast V-8
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Jim Kelly from Delaware. On-the-run mechanic, shift linkage expertiese, SBC, recent alternator work biggrin.gif Owner/mechanic/conversion manager.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 22 2009, 03:45 PM) *

Jim Kelly's East Coast V-8

Since Ferg Seconded Toast, I have no qualms seconding Jim's car. It runs on bungee cords, bailing wire and love. That cat drove it from Delaware to my place in the dead of an East Coast winter - with NO heat and NO windows. At least a 2 hour drive.

Its ugly in that special way that warms you heart. Its a great car!

Zach
McMark
Three down, two to go! cool.gif
tat2dphreak
In honor of it being off jackstands and on the road again: Vacca Rabbit

IPB Image
MoveQik
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 22 2009, 06:59 PM) *

In honor of it being off jackstands and on the road again: Vacca Rabbit

IPB Image

I'll second that as it is such a great feeling to get a car off of jackstands. beerchug.gif
dw914er
second toasts car... I love the plaid yellow inside it

McMark
One to go! mueba.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 22 2009, 07:54 PM) *

One to go! mueba.gif

Does the car have to be running or can it be on jackstands?
idea.gif Andy
rick 918-S
I want to nominate another yellow car. I just met the owner and his wife at the RRC last weekend. Andy is fairly new to our group. His car is outstanding. So, as a welcome to Andy and Karen I want to nominate this extremely nice example.

Oh, and Andy has a 6 in the process of becoming everything this lil yellow teener is. drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

OK, fixed my picture fopha. confused24.gif
Sleepin
You mean this car Rick.....That is Andy's (socalandy) '72. A beautiful car, not an inch of it is undone!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
McMark
drooley.gif Is that a second, Eric?
Sleepin
That will be my second second....can I do that? If so, then yes!

Considering it was just sitting in my driveway a couple days ago, and spent the night in my garage! wub.gif
IPB Image
rick 918-S
Crap! I was resizing photos and there were so many yellow cars at the event I clicked on the wrong one.

Mikes car is nice also... idea.gif Maybe next time. bye1.gif

Anywho.... unsure.gif Yes buddy that's the one! I second your second and my first. lol-2.gif
Todd Enlund
To remove any doubt, I'll second Andy's car. I saw it at the WCR, and it is a beautiful car.

Congrats to all the nominees! beerchug.gif
RonD
I rarely post so I suppose I can't comment but Toast and her car are what the 914 World are all about. Same for Andy

Actually they're all great. Glad I don't have to pick.

Thanks for the nomination
McMark
Thanks everyone! I'll get these up into a voting thread sometime today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.