Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa trim refurbishing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
Whats the best way to refurbish the targa trim? What grit paper and steps involved? Mine is heavily scratched..Thanks in advance
Gigamight
I'm not going to pretend that I know more about this than you do, in fact I would ask the same question. However, I am assuming that the trim is not chromed, just polished, in which case I have been doing some research into polishing my aluminum rims and I think that the methods might be the same.

I did a google search and here is the page I have been reading. Maybe it'll help

http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/usca/aluminum1.html
Drums66
I been thinking anodizing,might be a nice touch?? idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
Rand
I like em shaved. wink.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 22 2009, 04:15 PM) *

I think this kind of talk belongs in the sandbox (6freak, how did I get to say this before you did?)
ConeDodger
I think they are actually anodized from the factory. PorscheCB has some very nice targa trim on his car, perhaps Michael will see this and tell us where he had it done. I know he bought some on eBay and got it all bent up and then went to someone to have it redone.

I think George has it new too...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 22 2009, 03:15 PM) *

Ok... shades.gif
Drums66
What I didn't add to my first post is........
there are different color's of Anodizing which
gives you unique options!..... idea.gif shades.gif

Later.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.