Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
1975 - 2.0

Replacing fuel lines this weekend...Front to back, side to side...

The fuel lines come out in the middle of the firewall and both go to the right side...Then up through the tin and the pressure line is then routed all the way over to the pressure regulator on the left side of the engine bay...

Why not bring the pressure out of the firewall and directly over to the left side of the Engine Bay, up through the tin and directly to the regulator...

Any thoughts...

2-OH!
McMark
Beacuse then it spends more time on the "hot" side of the engine (bottom) and increases chances for vapor lock?

Sounds good doesn't it. wink.gif
URY914
Make sure you're using a high pressure hose.
The FI pressure is +30psi or something like that.

Paul
Dave_Darling
It comes up on the right side so that it can go through the fuel rails before it goes to the pressure regulator. The regulator acts as a "choke" on the flow of fuel--it will regulate the pressure of all of the fuel system that is "upstream" of it. And also 'downstream" of the pump.

So the routing is: Fuel tank, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel rails (both of them) and cold start valve, fuel pressure regulator, fuel tank.

--DD
DNHunt
Ya, the pressure regulator is the last thing before the fuel exits the engine compartment. It makes sense when you think about it but, to me at least to me, at first look, it seems wrong. I hooked mine up wrong the last time I put the engine back in. The car ran but was very lean off idle. I kept trying to add more fuel by modifying my VE table until it was maxxed out and the car was still lean (A/F ratios up to 17:1 on my O2 sensor). It scared me enough I parked it so I wouldn't overheat it.

After thinking about it I checked the fuel pressure. It maxxed out at 20 PSI so I started looking for kinks. I didn't find anything so I started looking at diagrams and posts and found out I had it hooked up wrong. I loaded my original VE table and rechecked the fuel pressure and everthing was fine.

Don't make that mistake. I suspect it could run just well enough with the plumbing backwards to heat the heads up big time.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.