Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 10 pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jt914-6
OK, I'll start. Others can add in their pics.......

Dam site

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Petit Jean Grave parking

Click to view attachment

Now THIS IS a foreign car...... poke.gif

Click to view attachment

jt914-6
Car show

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Tech session was a door replacement. As you can see, Kelvin has the "door prize" strapped to his luggage rack.......

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Dam nice! biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing!
bandjoey
TOUR DONE RIGHT!
Thanks to all the people working on this tour. My first! Pleanty of driving and partying! Naturally, we had to sign PCA wavers for everything from breakfast to digging for diamonds.

I Found One! (In the gift shop)

Keep posting more pictures...can we post Quick Time short flicks and how?

Arkansas is a short hop from many states and this is really drivers country. Lots of tight turns, up and downs, and georgeous country.

bandjoey
more
bandjoey
couple more with Dana thinking..."NOW where is that blasted steering wheel!"
hot_shoe914
Okay, don't know if this link will work or not but gonna try it anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2697...mp;id=755477474

If that one doesn't work then try this one.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2659...mp;id=634999063
jt914-6
A short video of our drive down Hy. 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3eQzpK0oQ4
pcar916
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 21 2009, 09:14 PM) *

A short video of our drive down Hy. 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3eQzpK0oQ4

JT, did'ja take any video through the many twisties?
bandjoey
Thanks for the video. You and Dana are Tops and I enjoyed meeting both of ya'll. Bill driving.gif
jt914-6
Bill, I put my video on YouTube and cut and pasted the link on the thread.
Ron, Had my 4gb card in recorder. Only have the trip back from Petit Jean and Don and I blasting by a Soltice in Benton..... I went by him @ 120.....GPS told me so Dana didn't say a word.....It was the fastest she had ever been in a car.....ar15.gif
914four
Lunch time!

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 22 2009, 04:28 PM) *

.... I went by him @ 120.....GPS told me so ar15.gif

So lol-2.gif that means lol-2.gif Don looked like he was lol-2.gif sitting still also??

Thanks for the vid, JT
jt914-6
Don was probably doing 80.....
Ken, I see you finally got out from under your car....
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 22 2009, 10:55 PM) *

Don was probably doing 80.....I see you finally got out from under your car....

According to my GPS I was doing about 97 when you went up one side and I took the other. I have a feeling we scared the crap out of him. At least you did. He knew I was there but you snuck up on him. I hope he pissed himself!
Rod
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 22 2009, 03:39 AM) *

Who's is this and is there a built thread? Really like the smooth, painted sills & valance look and would like to read more..

biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Rod @ Sep 23 2009, 03:46 AM) *

Who's is this and is there a built thread? Really like the smooth, painted sills & valance look and would like to read more..

biggrin.gif

That car belongs to Dennis and Linda Carter. They live in Missouri. Dennis had the car built by Wes Hildreth in Plano, Texas, and Richard Fisher did the paint and body work.

It won Best in Show at MUSR 10.

There is no build thread on here. This site didn't exist when it was built. Dennis is old school and has pictures in a photo album.
jt914-6
QUOTE(Rod @ Sep 23 2009, 03:46 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Rod. Clay tells it like it is....but here's some more pics

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
pcar916
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 22 2009, 01:28 PM) *

Ron, Had my 4gb card in recorder. Only have the trip back from Petit Jean and Don and I blasting by a Soltice in Benton..... I went by him @ 120.....GPS told me so ar15.gif

He could'a taken you you know... aktion035.gif
jt914-6
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Sep 23 2009, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 22 2009, 01:28 PM) *

Ron, Had my 4gb card in recorder. Only have the trip back from Petit Jean and Don and I blasting by a Soltice in Benton..... I went by him @ 120.....GPS told me so ar15.gif

He did.............when I took the Bryant exit...... biggrin.gif
SGB
Great pics!

Looks like a fun time fer sure. Did anyone find gold?
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 22 2009, 10:55 PM) *

Ken, I see you finally got out from under your car....

Replaced the whole front suspension while I was under there.

Clay was under there helping me to!! His legs weren't sticking out far enough I guess to get in pic?

KP happy11.gif
hot_shoe914
[

Clay was under there helping me to!! His legs weren't sticking out far enough I guess to get in pic?

KP happy11.gif
[/quote]

lol-2.gif
hot_shoe914
Only have the trip back from Petit Jean and Don and I blasting by a Soltice in Benton..... I went by him @ 120.....GPS told me so ar15.gif
[/quote]

[/quote]

He didn't drive well enough to even keep up with me let alone Jt. It's not all about speed you know. Don't believe me, follow me through traffic! driving.gif poke.gif
Grngoat
That car belongs to Dennis and Linda Carter. They live in Missouri. Dennis had the car built by Wes Hildreth in Plano, Texas, and Richard Fisher did the paint and body work.

It won Best in Show at MUSR 10.

There is no build thread on here. This site didn't exist when it was built. Dennis is old school and has pictures in a photo album.

I have about 15 pictures of it I took while Richard was working on it.

Notice that the underside is pretty rough.

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
Notice that the underside is pretty rough.

yea, wow, I'm glad he was able to save it... looks like he got it just in time tongue.gif

wub.gif
Grngoat
Here's another picture of everyone at the damn dam
Click to view attachment
dennisc
The car we started with
dennisc
Stiffening
dennisc
2.4 E engine. Everyone that worked on this car did a fantastic job.
cooltimes
QUOTE(dennisc @ Sep 25 2009, 01:55 PM) *

2.4 E engine. Everyone that worked on this car did a fantastic job.

Congratulations Dennis It is one super, great looking example of what a 914 can be.
What is the origin and year of this 914? What was in it before the 2.4?

To all of you shooting the photos. Thanks for sharing the photos with everyone.

MikeCool
Edit.
Forgot to ask.
How did you get the engine and tranny color looking so good?
dennisc
Thanks
It was a 1973 Texas car, no rust and straight, with a not running 1.7. Wes Hildreth in Plano has a cleaning pressure washer with some kind of solvent. I don't know what. Actually, the camera flash probably makes it look brighter than it really is.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(dennisc @ Sep 25 2009, 03:30 PM) *

Thanks
It was a 1973 Texas car, no rust and straight, with a not running 1.7. Wes Hildreth in Plano has a cleaning pressure washer with some kind of solvent. I don't know what. Actually, the camera flash probably makes it look brighter than it really is.

I can ask him today, but I think I already know. it's a engine degreaser kinda like simple green... super-clean in a gallon purple jug smile.gif

Wes has worked on porsches and VWs since the 60s... nicest guy you'd meet, and his shop is a great place to hang out and BS with all the local owners that stop in.
bandjoey
I like the original for tradition...Bah! TRadition! It's Raw Power and Great Looks I like! Great Car. Best of Show. Will your first competition be Clay when he get's his car running?? The Saga Continues....... smash.gif Bill
bandjoey
Nominate this for picture of the year. by Brittany R
tat2dphreak
except for that damn 944 tongue.gif poke.gif

j/k

smilie_pokal.gif
Grelber
+1 for hanging out at Wes' shop. You never know who you'll see there (Mike, Wayne, Vince, etc). All you need is a tolerance for cigars.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Grelber @ Sep 26 2009, 11:03 AM) *

+1 for hanging out at Wes' shop. You never know who you'll see there (Mike, Wayne, Vince, etc). All you need is a tolerance for cigars.

speaking of which I need to find out what kind he smokes, I feel like I owe him a box for all the questions I've had, plus he's let me work on my car in his shop on his rack... not many people will let you do that... normally it'd be a case of beer or a bottle of good whiskey, but he doesn't drink biggrin.gif
Grelber
A huge container of pork rinds would do.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 26 2009, 07:15 AM) *

j/k

smilie_pokal.gif

OOOOHHHH!!! Now you have gone and done it... you have pissed off the Wasserpumper driver!!!! (Also known as the Blind Stig).

(Rumor has it she is looking for a 914..... biggrin.gif )
bandjoey
Until she finds a 914 she's the Honnarrrary 944 driver..she's really fast at blind autox so don't mess with her...and we love her anyway! beerchug.gif
Red86944
QUOTE(Grngoat @ Sep 25 2009, 01:33 AM) *

Here's another picture of everyone at the damn dam
Click to view attachment

I like this picture, can you send it to me????
Red86944

j/k

smilie_pokal.gif

I am so loved smile.gif she is a piece of heaven.....and we are in a "class of our own"
wayne needs to go check out facebook
Red86944
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 26 2009, 10:20 PM) *

Until she finds a 914 she's the Honnarrrary 944 driver..she's really fast at blind autox so don't mess with her...and we love her anyway! beerchug.gif

Thank you, I really feel very special to be a part of this group and I have so much fun at every Teener event.....
Red86944
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 26 2009, 06:27 PM) *

j/k

smilie_pokal.gif

OOOOHHHH!!! Now you have gone and done it... you have pissed off the Wasserpumper driver!!!! (Also known as the Blind Stig).

oh man.....I am so glad that I dont have an angry side lol-2.gif

still looking...
tat2dphreak
I told you before at the Joe Crab shack get together you needed a 914. biggrin.gif We're getting mine finished up, we need to do another local get together. I'll even let you drive it Robyn wink.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Red86944 @ Oct 1 2009, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 26 2009, 06:27 PM) *

j/k

smilie_pokal.gif

oh man.....I am so glad that I dont have an angry side lol-2.gif

still looking...

Have you looked in the classifieds here?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.