Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grill Speed Nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
What are you using to replace the smaller rubberized speed nuts that hold the grill on the engine decklid and body? Are the orginal rubber speed nuts still available?

Kev
jt914-6
Here you go.

http://www.914ap.com/products.php
kconway
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 21 2009, 09:40 PM) *

Those are emblem speednuts, not the same animal.
computers4kids
QUOTE(kconway @ Sep 21 2009, 10:55 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Sep 21 2009, 09:40 PM) *

Those are emblem speednuts, not the same animal.

Those are way too loose.
jt914-6
Sorry, didn't read the post close enough.....
Mikey914
The OEM ones are still available. Not cheap, but they do work. I got mine at Sunset Porsche in Beaverton.
jeeperjohn56
Hey KConway, Are you talking about the small grills next to the engine lid? the small grills has three rubber speed nuts, I got mind at pelican parts I think they were $1.79ea. John
kconway
Thanks guys, couldn't find them on Pelican but sent Jeff an inquiry over at Sunset, they've been great in the past.

Kev
jim_hoyland
Kevin,
Hillco, over at Garden Grove Blvd and Western, probably has them; they have just about everthing nut & bolts wise. Was there this am getting some Riv Nuts. Very helpful people there: 714-657-7442
kconway
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 22 2009, 03:55 PM) *

Kevin,
Hillco, over at Garden Grove Blvd and Western, probably has them; they have just about everthing nut & bolts wise. Was there this am getting some Riv Nuts. Very helpful people there: 714-657-7442

Yeah, Hilco...didn't even think of it. I wish they stocked yellow zinc stuff. Did they still have that VW bug? Turns out I ordered the OEM part from Sunset Porsche this morning. Got a few extras. If anyone needs some, Sunset has them for .91 cents each.

Kev
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(kconway @ Sep 22 2009, 05:54 PM) *

Kevin,

Yeah, Hilco...didn't even think of it. I wish they stocked yellow zinc stuff. Did they still have that VW bug? Turns out I ordered the OEM part from Sunset Porsche this morning. Got a few extras. If anyone needs some, Sunset has them for .91 cents each.

Kev

I think the VW is inside and covered; where is Sunset Porsche ?
dlestep
...I hate those things! They're too damn fast, speedy lil' bastards...they don't taste very good grilled or not....
kconway
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 22 2009, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ Sep 22 2009, 05:54 PM) *

Kevin,

Kev

I think the VW is inside and covered; where is Sunset Porsche ?

I believe somewhere in Oregon. Check your latest copy of Excellence, they advertise in there. I've priced stuff at Circle Porsche in LB and every time its tons more then Sunset.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.