Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry, but I didn't know who he was...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rod
Guess who popped into my shop today? (I deal in antique carpets and rugs and have a gallery in the UK)

A friend of mine who has a GT40 called up and said that she had a friend who was interested in coming over and saying hi, so I invited them over and they popped in for a couple of hours..

As these 'Americans' were friends of my friends who have a collection of old cars, I asked as he was preparing to leave if he was a collector? - With a bit of a smirk he said he used to race for Ferrari and then became a bit of a dealer, and handed me a card..

After he left I googled him a bit and I have been reading for the last hour about the man. Wow what a life..... It was Harley Cluxton.. What a Gentleman - I wish I knew more whilst he was here, and I wish we got a chance to talk more about his cars. He's hopefully coming back on Friday, so I look forward to chatting some more.

biggrin.gif
SLITS
We, here in the colonies, will forgive you, but not for the tea tax!!! mad.gif

We intend to chase you from our shores with the help of the Frogs.
ChrisFoley
I never heard of Harley Cluxton before but he has his own Wikipedia page.
URY914
Big time team owner and with several LeMans entries in the '70s and '80's. Sam Posey wrote about his cars in R&T.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.