Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Lost my best friend today....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RIP to the best dog I have ever had!

As a pup...
Click to view attachment

About a year ago
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Sep 23 2009, 12:00 PM) *

Today is a sad day in the Park househole, My wife lost her child and I lost my Best friend. Bo had a rupturd intestine and did not make it thru surgery this morning.

Sad sad day sad.gif

KP

God bless. Rest assured he is in a great place a having lots of fun with new friends. dog.gif
Cupomeat
Yes, My condolences for your loss.

Dogs are an amazing companion, cheerleader, friend and family member. We are all lucky to have known them and to have had them in our lives.
tat2dphreak
I'm so sorry, man. losing a dog is very hard. for me it would be like losing a child, since we don't have children of our own. they are always exactly what you need... you feel down, they will comfort you, you feel happy they will be an even brighter point of your day. need to be cheered up, they will do that too. need your socks eaten? they got you covered smile.gif

I'm sorry for your loss. Godspeed Bo.
zymurgist
I'm so sorry to hear this. sad.gif I'm sure you're going to miss your buddy for a long long time.

As it happens, a friend sent me this just last week, and I thought it might be appropriate:

A Dog's Purpose? (from a 6-year-old)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker 's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ''I know why.''

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live.

He said, ''People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?'' The six-year-old continued, ''Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.''

jt914-6
Ken,
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's hard to lose a pet. I was going to pm you today and ask about it. Sorry you had to cut short your MUSR weekend. You would have LYAO at the blind autocross. Dana and I came in second by less than two seconds. Won on raw time, but hit a cone and came in second....Let me know when you're down this way again and maybe we can show Ron how to drive 298. He can't remember if he has driven it.....hell, he can't remember much. He can't even keep up with his steering wheel..... lol-2.gif
iamchappy
Very, very, sorry.... I know i am going to take it hard when mine goes..
montoya 73 2.0
Sorry for your loss. I lost my dog (Daisy) back in June. We adopted her from the pound back in 1997, She was about 2 years old when we got her. I still miss her! I sometimes even catch myself calling her for dinner time. She loved to eat!

Click to view attachment

Took that pic with my phone.
6freak
Sorry man...........Remember all dogs go to heaven
DipShit
My condolences. I'm on my third dog now. Last one dropped dead of an anurism at the age of 9 very sudden like. About killed me, but life goes on.

WTLE & Mark
EdwardBlume
Sorry for your loss. What a gift to have a dog though!
ConeDodger
I am sorry for your loss... Our Golden Retriever Chloe is going to be 15 in October. I have already talked to Nicho about how it will not be a whole lot longer before we will have to say our goodbye to her. She is pretty healthy but it is so unfair that they live such short lives.
tracks914
Sorry for your loss. Loosing my dog was the saddest of my life. It hurt more than loosing any friend or family member. A few years later I got another dog. The pain does fade but the memories last forever.
Hang in there.
Mr.242
I feel for you and understand your loss. Thanks for sharing the pic of the wonderful dog.

I lost my dog 2 years ago due to cancer. I cried like a toddler and still miss her dearly! She was my hunting dog and we spent many hours together solving the worlds problems. To make it worse, my ex put her down one morning when the vet noticed she wasn't going to make it. I wasn't told until after 5pm that night. It was heartless on how I found out, but the memories of my dog will live forever.

No one can take away the memories! NO ONE!

Sorry again for your loss!
ghuff
sad.gif

Sorry to hear.

I cried like a baby the day I had to put my childhood cat down. He was so sick.

Think about the good times.
iamchappy
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go where they went."

Will Rogers, 1897-1935

More about dogs...

http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~rneville/sayings.html
zymurgist
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 23 2009, 10:21 PM) *

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go where they went."

agree.gif I use that quote as my signature on my e-mails.

And now, another story...

An old man and his dog were walking along a country road, enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to the man that he was actually dead. He remembered dying, and that his dog too had been dead for many years. He wondered where the road would lead them, and continued onward.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill a tall white arch that gleamed in the sunlight broke it. When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother of pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He was pleased that he had finally arrived at heaven, and the man and his dog walked toward the gate. As he got closer, he saw someone sitting at a beautifully carved desk off to one side. When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, but is this heaven?"

"Yes, it is, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The gatekeeper gestured to his rear, and the huge gate began to open.

"I assume my friend can come in?" the man asked, gesturing toward his dog.

But the reply was "I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought about it then thanked the gatekeeper, turned back toward the road, and continued in the direction he had been going.

After another long walk, he reached the top of another long hill, and he came to a dirt road that led through a farm gate.

There was no fence, and it looked as if the gate had never been closed, as grass had grown up around it. As he approached the gate, he saw a man just inside, sitting in the shade of a tree in a rickety old chair, reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water?"

"Certainly, There's a pump over there," the man said, pointing to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. Come on in and make yourself at home."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog "He's welcome too, and there's a bowl by the pump," he said.

They walked through the gate and, sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a dipper hanging on it and a bowl next to it on the ground. The man filled the bowl for his dog; he then took a long drink himself.

When both were satisfied, he and the dog walked back toward the man, who was sitting under the tree waiting for them, and asked, "What do you call this place?"

"This is heaven," was the answer.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "It certainly doesn't look like heaven, and there's another man down the road who said that place was heaven."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates?"

"Yes, it was beautiful."

"Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it offend you for them to use the name of heaven like that?"

"No. I can see how you might think so, but it actually saves us a lot of time. They screen out the people who are willing to leave their best friends behind."
993inNC
Been there, had that not to long ago (a 16 year pet).......and its rough! Hang in there smile.gif
hot_shoe914
Truly a very sad day. I had known Bo since he was a pup and first arrived at the Park household. You always knew who was going to be the first to greet you when you showed up. I have many fond memories of house-pet sitting for Ken and Lisa when they were on vacation. Nothing quite like passing out on the sofa and waking up to realize you are having trouble breathing. Once your eyes finally focus you realize the cause of shortness of breath is the huge 70Lb lump of dog laying on your chest and stomach with his paws on your shoulders and his wet nose resting on your face. Yes, that would be Bo, my god son/dog. He will truly be missed by all that knew him. Most definitely one of the best dogs I have ever met. My condolences to you and Lisa. Let me know if you guys need anything.

Donald
BMXerror
Sorry for your loss. I lost mine in July of last year, and I still miss him. I say 'my' dog, but really, he was EVERYBODY'S dog. He was as lovable and enthusiastic as they come. All 120 lbs of him. And he was everyone's best friend, even if he didn't have a clue who you were! Since then I've lost my bird of 14 years, another dog, and my brother, but I haven't forgotten Storm. As my sister so simply put it, "He was the best dog EVER!" sad.gif
Click to view attachment
P.S. It was hard to get a picture of him NOT sleeping. biggrin.gif
Mark D.
Thanks for all the kind words from everyone...

And also sharing pics of your lost companions!

Dogs are the greatest and this proud one will never be forgotten.

He got to meet a few of you other than Shoe. The Texas group had the honor of meeting Bo on the way to RCR last year. I believe he took a real liking to Robyn and Betty..

Thanks again for the support that this group offers in more ways than one!

Ken

Betty
Yeah, we got to meet him and he was a real sweetheart!

I am so sorry for your loss. He will always live on in your heart.
championgt1
We put our dog down almost a year ago. I miss him everyday. Sorry for your loss, it is never easy. sad.gif
watsonrx13
I'm sorry for your lose. I too had my best friend die last year. I posted on this site and the response was overwhelming. A day doesn't go by that I don't think of him. He will live on in your memories.

-- Rob

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.