Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S: Parting out complete 1974 914 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Techteacher
I teach Auto Tech. in Laguna Hills Ca. We were donated a 1974 914 1.8 that is complete and runs - poorly. To help our program I`ve decided instead of trying to sell it complete it would be a good project for the students to remove the parts as needed. If you are interested in any parts please pm me and I can better provide info on the parts.
Gint
It might be an even better project to get it running well, freshen it up and sell it for decent money to fund your program. Or perhaps have the students compare the cost/benefit of both options and then pursue the one that is the most lucrative. Just a thought...
tat2dphreak
well, if you do part it out, lmk what you want for the side sail panel trim and if it's in good shape, I may also be interested in the rear spindles and hubs for a 5-lug conversion. but if you decide to save it, we can help you out... I just wanted 'dibs' smile.gif
Techteacher
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 23 2009, 03:25 PM) *

well, if you do part it out, lmk what you want for the side sail panel trim and if it's in good shape, I may also be interested in the rear spindles and hubs for a 5-lug conversion. but if you decide to save it, we can help you out... I just wanted 'dibs' smile.gif

I do need a little time to get this up and running w/the kids. They love to tear things apart - and I mean tear! My goal is to have this enterprise done in an orderly manner. I am going to part it out, so bare w/me on the time frame. You have dibs.

Tim
Techteacher
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 23 2009, 02:21 PM) *

It might be an even better project to get it running well, freshen it up and sell it for decent money to fund your program. Or perhaps have the students compare the cost/benefit of both options and then pursue the one that is the most lucrative. Just a thought...

And a good thought - only problem is this whole school buget crisis leaves us in a bad place as far as $$$. I think it would be a good lesson to to get a little enterprise going and show them the right way to run a small business.
Gint
Gotchya. Just thinkin out loud. Good luck and have fun.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Techteacher @ Sep 23 2009, 02:01 PM) *

I teach Auto Tech. in Laguna Hills Ca. We were donated a 1974 914 1.8 that is complete and runs - poorly. To help our program I`ve decided instead of trying to sell it complete it would be a good project for the students to remove the parts as needed. If you are interested in any parts please pm me and I can better provide info on the parts. I owned a 72` 1.7 so I`m familiar w/the car.

Some pix around the car & inside, etc. will help folks here see what is there & available & in what kind of shape they're all in. Also a good project for your students! smile.gif
914runnow
QUOTE(Techteacher @ Sep 23 2009, 01:01 PM) *

I teach Auto Tech. in Laguna Hills Ca. We were donated a 1974 914 1.8 that is complete and runs - poorly. To help our program I`ve decided instead of trying to sell it complete it would be a good project for the students to remove the parts as needed. If you are interested in any parts please pm me and I can better provide info on the parts. I owned a 72` 1.7 so I`m familiar w/the car.

Injection parts off of the engine,,,,The aux air valve/brkt too..Thermo time switch/brkt too.....
and the 'S' hose off of the oil fill...the ballast resistor.........fuel pump relay..
and the fuel pump relay harness...that is a start
email to
rexlindgren@yahoo.com
Thanx Rx
Techteacher
We will be starting to get a group together today and begin our project. Keep the replies coming - prefer pm`s and be patient, we will get the parts off intact. They have to learn the proper way to do this type of thing correctly. I will get some pic`s up shortly.
JF914
QUOTE(Techteacher @ Sep 24 2009, 08:30 AM) *

We will be starting to get a group together today and begin our project. Keep the replies coming - prefer pm`s and be patient, we will get the parts off intact. They have to learn the proper way to do this type of thing correctly. I will get some pic`s up shortly.

IF YOU HAVE A CHROME SIDE MIRROR, AND/OR AN ORIGINAL "MANUAL" ANTENNA WITH THE SMALL KEY TO PULL IT UP, I WOULD BE INTERESTED.
zonedoubt
icon_bump.gif Bump for an A-1 seller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.