Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking at Morph's Carpet Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I'm unsure which carpet kit to buy. I see Morphenspectra's got 2 listed. I'm guessing most here are using the loop kit? Which one is closer to the OEM carpet?

Kev
Grelber
I bought the loop, and really like it. It looks pretty close to OEM.
montoya 73 2.0
Kev, What are you putting down under the carpet? I'm removing the stock crap so I need something, I just cant decide what to put down?
MoveQik

I have his loop kit and I love it. It looks pretty original when seen on it's own. You can see a pretty clear difference however, when compared to an actual OEM carpet.
tat2dphreak
I didn't have OEM to compare it to, but I have the plush, and love it, but I cannot attest how 'OEM' it is. I bought it before he had the loop version, or else I would have gotten the loop.
benalishhero
I went with the plush. It really turned out great!
thompson-mfr
The plush has a nice backing that actually dampened sound in my car.
Rod
QUOTE(thompson-mfr @ Sep 23 2009, 11:56 PM) *

I used some Axfelt underlay, which is felt and rubber underneath it and my car is nearly silent.., well, nearly..

If you cut the underlay to the same size as the morph pieces then spray glue them t each other it's a really comfortable environment.
JRust
QUOTE(Rod @ Sep 23 2009, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(thompson-mfr @ Sep 23 2009, 11:56 PM) *

I used some Axfelt underlay, which is felt and rubber underneath it and my car is nearly silent.., well, nearly..

If you cut the underlay to the same size as the morph pieces then spray glue them t each other it's a really comfortable environment.

I got the loop for my LE resto. While not exactly stock it is pretty close. I second the underlay mentioned above!
kconway
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Sep 23 2009, 01:45 PM) *

Kev, What are you putting down under the carpet? I'm removing the stock crap so I need something, I just cant decide what to put down?

I too stripped out the tar and will be replacing it with Raamat. Perhaps some felt, then the carpet.

Kev
nsr-jamie
How hard is it to install these carpet kits? I will be placing my order soon too and look to be going with the gray loop as I liked the samples he sent me...some sites say professional installation recommended...but I think I can do this myself...is it that hard? What did other people do? Any posts on installing carpets? I did do a short search last month but didn't really turn up much...
tat2dphreak
took about 10 minutes... I wasn't sure where some went, since I didn't take out the previous set, but they went in easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.