Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s in movies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
jt914-6
Let's not forget C.H.O.M.P.S. The 1979 movie about a robot dog with Valerie Bertinelli driving a white 914. As I remember it has several scenes with the 914......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpA6GRi1ok
poorsche914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Dec 13 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Let's not forget C.H.O.M.P.S. The 1979 movie about a robot dog with Valerie Bertinelli driving a white 914. As I remember it has several scenes with the 914......

Many years ago (25 or so) I rented a movie because the cover had a 914 on it. Got it home and fast forwarded thru the entire movie and NO 914 to be seen mad.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Dec 13 2009, 07:01 AM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Dec 13 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Many years ago (25 or so) I rented a movie because the cover had a 914 on it. Got it home and fast forwarded thru the entire movie and NO 914 to be seen mad.gif

I think I rented the same movie for the same reason... WTF.gif
Sleepin
We were watching Zodiac tonight, I was amazed by all the cool 70's cars that were in such good shape (including a very nice orange Rabbit). I mentioned to Val that I was waiting to see a 914.

About an hour later she says "914!" as this one drives past:

@ 2:28:36
jcambo7
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 22 2010, 01:45 AM) *

We were watching Zodiac tonight, I was amazed by all the cool 70's cars that were in such good shape (including a very nice orange Rabbit). I mentioned to Val that I was waiting to see a 914.

About an hour later she says "914!" as this one drives past:

@ 2:28:36

Wow! That's crazy. I didn't even see the 914 when I watched it. Now I am going to have to watch it just for the teener. Addicted...I guess you could say that... biggrin.gif drunk.gif driving.gif
JmuRiz
I watched Intolerable Cruelty many years ago and could tell he was driving a 914 from the interior, they also showed it from the outside and confirmed my thought.
Whoops, forgot to mention it's the car George Clooney's character was driving.
IPB Image
HAM Inc
914's appear regularly in the Rockford Files. Rockford's lawyer drove one. There's actually a scene where Jim borrows it and grinds first pretty badly before driving away! LMAO!
badseed74
in the movie cannibal hookers the detective drives a blue 914
carr914
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Feb 22 2010, 05:46 PM) *

914's appear regularly in the Rockford Files. Rockford's lawyer drove one. There's actually a scene where Jim borrows it and grinds first pretty badly before driving away! LMAO!

Click to view attachment
HAM Inc
That's the one!
Tom
Yep,
Beth ( his lawyer), drove them in several episodes. I saw white, red, and green ones. The one where Jim was driving the red one ( or was it orange?), one scene was of him in a curve with both hands occupied and you hear the car shift gears. Movie magic!
Saw one in an add for a new movie. Has a thief saying " I only steal Porsches" and then cuts to a dark street and there is a black 914 in the background. YA! Hope I can remember the name of the movie so I can watch it.
Tom
badseed74
t&a plus a nice 914
carr914
QUOTE(Tom @ Mar 6 2010, 11:09 AM) *

Saw one in an add for a new movie. Has a thief saying " I only steal Porsches" and then cuts to a dark street and there is a black 914 in the background. YA! Hope I can remember the name of the movie so I can watch it.
Tom

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tom
Thanks T.C.,
I guess that isn't a new movis after all! It is to me tho'. I'll be watching it at 6PM tonight.
Tom
Nana's_914
Found one in National Lampoon's Vacation:
Click to view attachment
Drums66
Its strange how they (914's) have mostly
cameo role's!! hissyfit.gif
carr914
While only a Cameo in the Movie "LeMans" , it was a Star in the Race smilie_flagge24.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jonferns
Went to see "Hot Tub Time Machine" today (opened this past Friday), it was very funny, and best of all there was a 914 in the movie! For anyone going to see the movie, the 914 is parked on the right side of the main street of the town (they show this clip twice) and it's covered in snow.

Anyone else see it?

bye1.gif
EdwardBlume
Cool. beer.gif

Was the flick any good?
jonferns
It was laugh out loud funny, I'd say its worth seeing.

BTW, the 914 looked to be an early one, chrome rear bumper and covered in snow smile.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Mar 28 2010, 08:56 PM) *

It was laugh out loud funny, I'd say its worth seeing.

BTW, the 914 looked to be an early one, chrome rear bumper and covered in snow smile.gif

Because we all know late 914's can't get covered in snow! blink.gif poke.gif lol-2.gif
Mr.242
There's a 914 in the movie 9 to 5 (with Dolly Parton). It's near the hospital scene. I will have to Netflix it so I can screen shot it.......
One shot of one parked
another one driving....could be the same.

Wahoo!
porschecb
The movie of the Mendnez bros. The ones who killed there parents (sp) Both had one.
nsr-jamie
I signed up with a new cable TV server here in Japan and they have this old movies and TV show channels and was watching an old episode of CHIPS and saw a 914 very briefly but it was over before I could even start to record it....
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif
Ferg
Hot Tub Time Machine biggrin.gif

Right after Cusack gets stabbed in the eye, they cut to a street scene in the snow, white 914 bottom right with "Porsche" reflector between tail lights.
Sleepin
Hot Tub Time Machine @ 36:21 ....same one you saw Ferg? This one looks Phoenix Red and does not have a reflector.

IPB Image
914_teener
Man talk about thread resurection!

I just saw this with my son....seriously addicted to notice...and the film as situated in the 80's .
Ferg
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 2 2010, 07:49 PM) *

Hot Tub Time Machine @ 36:21 ....same one you saw Ferg? This one looks Phoenix Red and does not have a reflector.

IPB Image

Yeah, that must be it, with the snow on it I thought it was white...

aktion035.gif
effutuo101
I just saw this last night! yep. It is just me or does the rear tire look at an odd angle?
ripper911
The Movie "The Mad Bomber" Has a silver one in it.

The driver gets fussed at for thinking he's special because of his fancy car, then the guys throws his keys in a trash can or mail drop, something like that.
Cupomeat
My wife called me the other day to tell me that while trolling on the web she found an old clip of "The Facts of Life" and she said that Jo was wearing a 914 sweater.

Obscure, yet amazing that my wife noticed the 914 (maybe I've finally gotten to her)

I tried to have her find me the clip, but it might be lost out there, on them there intranets...

av-943.gif
Drums66
Alot of this is in our archives
but still interesting bye1.gif
Sleepin
Corvette Summer (1978)
Brent
Hot Tub Time Machine uses the car scene twice, once with the Vette and the Pacer driving towards the camera, and one without any driving.

They had to have a current 914 volunteer this for the lot, wonder who could have obliged?
Gustl
just found that link in a german forum: Die Rettungsflieger

it's a weekly movie about a rescue Helicopter team

1st time you can see the 914: about 09:30
and then from about 10:35 to almost min 20:00

pretty much TV time for the teener smilie_pokal.gif
tradisrad
I posted this in the sandbox, but for those who dont go there here is a tv show that has some great 914 footage: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5356133560914011324#
Sleepin
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 15 2010, 07:28 AM) *

I posted this in the sandbox, but for those who dont go there here is a tv show that has some great 914 footage: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5356133560914011324#

Yeeeeahhh! A /4 that chirps 2nd..... rolleyes.gif
RFoulds
You KNOW they added the tire chirp on audio post.

mojorisen914
Damn, she has a nice rack! Just sayin.
carr914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 15 2010, 12:21 PM) *

Gotta be the same chick, huh?

There was a thread about this picture last week

Click to view attachment
Drums66
...is'nt that the girl that lifts george's
headlight's??(on 914) idea.gif
poke.gif bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
tradisrad
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 15 2010, 02:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 15 2010, 12:21 PM) *

Gotta be the same chick, huh?

There was a thread about this picture last week

Click to view attachment

yeah, the girl on the car is the one in the tv show.
Mr.242
I was excited that I spotted it in the movie and stopped it to get a screen shot!
beerchug.gif

Here's the screen shot.....Wahoo for 1986 and our little cars being a staple of that year it had to be put into a movie. blink.gif

I NetFlix this one....so made it nice to stopped the movie (I had no idea it was coming and just happened to spot it)

Click to view attachment

Oh Yea, I also called the SLUG BUG too!
EdwardBlume
Cool.

So who's car is it?
jk76.914
looks like the license plate lights are on. Also, plate looks like a euro form factor. Can you see it any better in the actual movie? I enlarged it up and sharpened it, but couldn't make it out.
Sleepin
There has been quite a few 914s in movies:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...3&hl=movies
Jerry
.....now flipped... so that the steering wheel is on the correct side !!!!
dlkawashima
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Oct 15 2010, 10:10 AM) *

Damn, she has a nice rack! Just sayin.

Booty shot:
Click to view attachment

Thought this was interesting ... seating for 3 across:
Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
I was watching Lifeguard (1976) with Sam Elliott. In the scenes below he interviews for a Porsche salesman position. He turns it down to stay as a lifeguard.

Neat seeing a new Teener in the showroom!

Terry

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.