Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s in movies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Jgilliam914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 26 2012, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Nov 26 2012, 07:33 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 26 2012, 07:11 AM) *

I think that it is a failure of the Waco police department. Even in Texas, waving a gun out the window of a car will get someone to call 911 and get you pulled over. Much less standing in the sun roof and repeatedly firing it while driving. That will draw cops like stromberg.gif draws flies.

But you have to remember this movie was shot when Texas still allowed open containers and had drive up windows in both bars and liquor stores and only a few people carried firearms. My how things have changed biggrin.gif

Uh.. "only a few people carried firearms"? That remark means you didn't live here at that time. I did and still do. Almost every pickup in my high school parking lot had a gun rack in the back. And they all had some sort of firearm in them. Most of my friends parents carried a pistol. But they had common sense not to shoot it out of a moving car like this.

And it still would have attracted cops like stromberg.gif attracts flies.

I was being facetious when I wrote that. I never did understand the drive through bar and open container allowance. Although I did use this service more than once bye1.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Nov 26 2012, 06:23 PM) *

...I never did understand the drive through bar and open container allowance. ...

I never understood why it's a big deal.
Impaired driving is A Bad Thing, of course. No question.

But it's illegal to sip a beer for a hundred miles, and perfectly OK to pull over, down one, dispose of the empty, and continue on your way.
FourBlades

The jump would have been fine if only he had a rear trunk spoiler.

He probably also relocated his battery to the front trunk to keep it from falling
into the hell hole.

John
johannes
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Nov 25 2012, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 25 2012, 09:43 AM) *

I think the bus jump happens at somewhere on Jackson street, but I can't be sure.

By the looks of the brick building in the background, I'd guess the jump took place near 7th St. & Mary Ave.

Click to view attachment

Well done ! Now you have to make a reenactment with your own 914

first.gif
Richard Casto
I love it! Someone has to use that mid-air screen cap for a forum avatar. And the mounts breaking off the transmission on impact/landing is classic.

Richard
johannes
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Nov 27 2012, 05:13 AM) *

I love it! Someone has to use that mid-air screen cap for a forum avatar. And the mounts breaking off the transmission on impact/landing is classic.

Richard

Or put it on a T-shirt slap.gif
Johny Blackstain
I'm old enough to remember a lot of TV from back in the day but I recently encountered an early 914 in an old British Sci Fi series called UFO. Not only was I surprised to see the little jewel in this show but it appeared throughout the entire episode. Best of all the girl who owned/drove it was very attractive so I have no doubt that most of us here will find this interesting. Episode was called "The Psychobombs" & I can say w/out spoiling anything that nothing bad happened to this very early British teener; @ least not on film anyway... smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeLPeZ3U40M
Mr.242
Here's the car:
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 17 2012, 02:00 PM) *

I'm old enough to remember a lot of TV from back in the day but I recently encountered an early 914 in an old British Sci Fi series called UFO. Not only was I surprised to see the little jewel in this show but it appeared throughout the entire episode. Best of all the girl who owned/drove it was very attractive so I have no doubt that most of us here will find this interesting. Episode was called "The Psychobombs" & I can say w/out spoiling anything that nothing bad happened to this very early British teener; @ least not on film anyway... smile.gif

There is a thread here about 914s in movies and there are several screenshots from that movies in that thread.
shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
Lazy me didn't bother to look Andy, guess I should have known. smile.gif
A 1.8 also appeared on a semi regular basis on The Rockford Files... Rockfords' lawyer "Beth" drove one & Rockford actually borrowed it in an episode. One would presume that was a California model & probably had a smog pump installed sad.gif
type47
Johny! You're back!
carr914
Click to view attachment
tradisrad
I posted a link to the entire show. Cool stuff.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...99653&st=40
Johny Blackstain
Sorry guys, didn't mean to rehash this stuff. Lazy me should have looked 1st.
IronHillRestorations
Hawaii 50 has several 914's in it. Season 7 episode #148; season 8 episode #179 & #187 (a 914 actually plays into the plot), season 9 episode #200
Tom
Johnny,
I remember watching that back then. Cool post, no need to apologize. I never tire of seeing 914's in movies from the past!
Thanks,
Tom
scotty b
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Dec 17 2012, 03:34 PM) *

Sorry guys, didn't mean to rehash this stuff. Lazy me should have looked 1st.

No no It's foine. We have had this theory that every ECC host met his demise soon afterward. I was getting concerned. Glad to see you are alive beerchug.gif
Johny Blackstain
No guys, I'm still here & Knikki & Mnatasha are still in the garage smile.gif . Posted here a few times but have not started a thread in a while. Still use 914world as my homepage every time I log on.
Was surfing you tube & found the entire UFO series posted & knew I had not seen every episode so I started watching & noticed 2 different 911s' in that series & then came across the 914 driven by that schweet British girl (actress Deborah Grant) in the psychobomb episode & had to bring it to everyones' attention. That episode was dated MCMLXX so I figured that had to be one of the earliest 914s' on record, & an English model @ that.

76-914
You guy's probably already know this but I found this link and remembered this being asked before. The stars denote it's use. Read the legend. Evidently, it was a regular on the "Rockford Files" starring the same guy that was in Grand Prix! Enjoy!
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Porsche&model=914
jt914-6
They forgot the movie "Chomps"....or at least I didn't see it....
Jgilliam914
I was channel surfing the other night and came across a white within the first minute of "Freeloaders" . It re appeared in the 8 minute mark. I wish I could forget the rest of the movie. A hour 20 I wish I had back
Click to view attachment
tradisrad
Saw one in an episode of A-Team. Season 1, but I forget the eppisode
anderssj
IIRC, there is a yellow one in "Roxanne" (the one with Steve Martin, and the mermaid from Splash) biggrin.gif
Zimms
Strike Back, Episode 28:

Click to view attachment
McMark
Damn, I was too slow. But a little better pic. wink.gif
championgt1
Cool! driving.gif
racerbvd
Does one being on the set count?? Stunt riders from the movie E.T. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
wndsrfr
Steve Mcqueen's LeMans on the tube....at least two times in the last laps of the event....a 914, mostly white, maybe number 40 on the hood.....
Caught the movie at the hotel after getting Kermee tech'd at VIR for three days on the track this weekend with PCA Zone 2. Sweet...
doug_b_928
I watched the film for the first time tonight as well. The 914 was in several shots, including one passing a 911 on a straight. Very cool.
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
doug_b_928
^^^Neat.
1970 Neun vierzehn
The real GT class-winning /6 is shown in the actual race footage that is integrated into the film "LeMans". The scenes that are staged for the movie use a /6 that is made to look like the #40 car that not only won the GT class, but beat all the 911s that were entered as well biggrin.gif

The accompanying photo shows the actual winning car during the race.
Johny Blackstain
check this one out- Nurburgring 1971... lots of 914 GT sightings in this one smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9n5jAs9ljk
malcolm2
Am i late to the party? Watching Cheech and Chong's up in smoke and i was lovin all the old cars. And there it was....

Click to view attachment
scotty b
FOX t.v. show GOTHAM last night. I think it was the 3rd episode. About 5 minutes in there's a red 914 with what looks like Centerlines on it, on the top floor of a parking deck of the opening scene. Couple different shots of it. Hard to miss as it is one of 2 cars parked there smile.gif
paxton
QUOTE(badseed74 @ Mar 5 2010, 10:03 PM) *

in the movie cannibal hookers the detective drives a blue 914

You had me at cannibal hookers.

(Sorry for the response to an old post, but I'm new here and this thread just popped up.)
Zimms
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 14 2014, 10:50 AM) *

FOX t.v. show GOTHAM last night. I think it was the 3rd episode. About 5 minutes in there's a red 914 with what looks like Centerlines on it, on the top floor of a parking deck of the opening scene. Couple different shots of it. Hard to miss as it is one of 2 cars parked there smile.gif

Click to view attachment
scotty b
Yep smile.gif Seeing the still shot they definitely aren't Centerlines, but I'm not sure I've seen that wheel before. confused24.gif Look vaguely similar to the " Turbines " on my Jeep
Sleepin
Kind of counts:

Tanner Foust with the 914 first season of Top Gear USA.
Chris914n6
Oh fuch, you guys beat me too it.
But I got better pics aktion035.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
hot_shoe914
Spotted on Hee Haw.

Click to view attachment
AlanG
I know its been over a year since the last post but I've been watching re-runs of Adam 12 (Netflix) and I've seen a couple of 914s. I didn't catch the first episode where I noticed one but Season 6, Episode 23 L.A. International had this one ...

Click to view attachment
carr914
There is long-term thread about this subject. Search is your friend
ripper911
Don't mind T.C., he's old and cranky.

biggrin.gif
AlanG
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Dec 7 2014, 09:46 PM) *

Don't mind T.C., he's old and cranky.

biggrin.gif

Maybe he knows EVERYTHING. I don't. Just trying to share what I find. smile.gif
carr914
I was just pointing out there is long thread about this

I may not know EVERYTHING, but Search does!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 8 2014, 03:36 AM) *

I was just pointing out there is long thread about this

I may not know EVERYTHING, but Search does!

Where is the search button? shades.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.