Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s in movies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
AlanG
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 8 2014, 06:36 AM) *

I was just pointing out there is long thread about this

I may not know EVERYTHING, but Search does!

BTW ... I did do a search, which is how I ended up on this thread. My search found no other references to 914s appearing in Adam 12 which is why I thought I would share the pic.

I'm confused at your response. I'm not sure what your issue with having posted the picture is.
carr914
Confused at my Response. It's pretty simple, I've been on the Forum a long time & it's annoying when the same subject comes up time & time again when if you spent a little time to see if there is an existing Thread about the subject that you are so bound & determined to announce to the World as a personal discovery.

Took me 10 Seconds!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ub+Time+Machine
AlanG
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 8 2014, 07:28 PM) *

Confused at my Response. It's pretty simple, I've been on the Forum a long time & it's annoying when the same subject comes up time & time again when if you spent a little time to see if there is an existing Thread about the subject that you are so bound & determined to announce to the World as a personal discovery.

Took me 10 Seconds!

My apologies that my search turned up the other thread ahead of your preferred one. Sorry it ruined your day.
carr914
finger.gif
bulitt
Don't forget this classic-

IPB Image

Oh, it's a Volkswagen... blink.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 9 2014, 08:16 AM) *

Don't forget this classic-

IPB Image

Oh, it's a Volkswagen... blink.gif

wub.gif

That's MY CAR!!!!
76-914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 8 2014, 04:28 PM) *

Took me 10 Seconds!

I remember getting that same feeling a short time back. I was tired of seeing the same old questions resurface. Then it dawned upon me that this "sea of repeated questions" is a good thing. It's an indicator of new faces coming into the "fold" which in turn guarantees the future of our endeared 914's.
On a different note I think we would do well to mind our manners and be respectful others. This is a forum dedicated to preserving and enjoying 914's. Not a damned computer forum where upon one can render his computer prowess upon others. Many of us had teenagers before computers and aren't "wired" to that line of thinking. Personally, I'm more impressed with ones ability to "make change" w/o seeing the cash register's results or the ability to pen complete sentences. Much more so than I am of ones ability to coin the correct phrase which computers understand. confused24.gif
carr914
I apologize if I ruffle a few feathers around here (& that is why I mostly stay in the Box)

I'm on Forums 8 Hours a day for work, so sometimes the repeative posts get me
VegasRacer
Dream Girl

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Same car from movie being restored in India.
My source.
dflesburg
was watching a clip from the movie Straight OUTTA Compton. I swear the car at the curb when the guys are laying on the sidewalk was a 914.
dflesburg
Yup. just confirmed someone in that movie drives a 914
iwanta914-6
Yeah, it's been brought up a few times on this. I posted a screen shot and then someone told me they posted it back in April or something.
7TPorsh
Movie is out I think. Is the car just in the parking lot scene or does it have a more significant part?
Maltese Falcon
I'd like to go see this movie but I'm hesitating because of some random person in the theatre asking me what set I claim.
Is he asking about my TV set ? idea.gif
Think I'll wait for the Blue Ray release biggrin.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 14 2015, 11:03 AM) *

I'd like to go see this movie but I'm hesitating because of some random person in the theatre asking me what set I claim.
Is he asking about my TV set ? idea.gif
Think I'll wait for the Blue Ray release biggrin.gif

Just say "the Teener set"; then turn and run!
Mike Bellis
If I go see it, I will be carrying concealed... Just sayin' homie... word...
euro911
Seems like CC in theaters is a good idea these days, no matter what the signs say idea.gif
zambezi
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 14 2015, 08:54 PM) *

Seems like CC in theaters is a good idea these days, no matter what the signs say idea.gif

Tell me about it!!!
Jim in Lafayette
914junkie
Pretty sure IceT used to drive a 914. I think he was in an accident in it. I haven't seen the movie but I plan on seeing it.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914junkie @ Aug 16 2015, 03:50 PM) *

Pretty sure IceT used to drive a 914. I think he was in an accident in it. I haven't seen the movie but I plan on seeing it.

Ice T is not part of NWA...Ice Cube is.
In the day, Ice T liked to roll in Detroit iron with hydraulics .
There was this clandestine recording studio next to my house in the '90s, and one day T blocked my driveway with his '64 rag Impala. It was dropped to the ground, couldn't get it towed. He came out of the studio, jumped in the bucket, hit the switches and rode off with his posse. My wife did have a few words with T, we all had a good laugh biggrin.gif
Anyhow the movie is doing big Box Office $$$ opening weekend, wonder what the production budget was.
9won4
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 16 2015, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(914junkie @ Aug 16 2015, 03:50 PM) *

Ice T is not part of NWA...Ice Cube is.
In the day, Ice T liked to roll in Detroit iron with hydraulics .
There was this clandestine recording studio next to my house in the '90s, and one day T blocked my driveway with his '64 rag Impala. It was dropped to the ground, couldn't get it towed. He came out of the studio, jumped in the bucket, hit the switches and rode off with his posse. My wife did have a few words with T, we all had a good laugh biggrin.gif
Anyhow the movie is doing big Box Office $$$ opening weekend, wonder what the production budget was.

$29 million, one murder charge and one death. The last two are intangebles...
Chris914n6
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Aug 14 2015, 08:45 AM) *

Yup. just confirmed someone in that movie drives a 914

Nobody actually drives it, it is just parked when the group is together someplace. Somebody tweet Ice Cube and ask him, he did the screenplay.
Chris914n6
Ice-T had a 914 back in the day too.

It's the car of DJ Yella >> Antoine Carraby

Getting off the tour bus scene, if you watch the background you can see him get in it.

The movie ain't bad. Brought back a bunch of memories from my high skool dayz.

Now that I think about it, I had a 914 the same time these guys did, does that make me gangsta too? smoke.gif driving.gif ar15.gif aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif drunk.gif
URY914
Click to view attachment
Heeltoe914
Agreed very entertaining movie well written since most of it was true!!! The 914 is definitely owned by one of the key characters I think I saw it in at least 5 scenes at one point someone actually opening the doors to get in.. Cool
sb914
Seen one on movie,menace to society,chase seen after stealing another carClick to view attachment
peteyd
I don't have a photo, but I saw Straight Outta Compton this weekend in theatre, and there was a black 914 among several other Porsches.

Edit:

Around 1:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQTMQdI2Qt4
vw_porsche
1976 Gumball Rally
Looks just like my car! haha

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
6freak
QUOTE(peteyd @ Aug 26 2015, 06:14 PM) *

I don't have a photo, but I saw Straight Outta Compton this weekend in theatre, and there was a black 914 among several other Porsches.

Edit:

Around 1:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQTMQdI2Qt4

seen that to you just beat me to it good movie BTW
smile.gif
iwanta914-6
The straight outta compton appearance was discussed before the movie hit theaters. It appeared in the trailer I believe...

I didn't read this entire thread, but I wonder if anyone can associate their 914 with any of these movie/TV appearances?
bretth
Was a great movie. The 914 was driven by the band manager seen several times in the movie. BTW a school friend of mine worked on the movie and is the stunt man that kicks out a window and runs over the roof top as Easy E's double.

Brett
7TPorsh
QUOTE(balljoint @ Sep 24 2009, 11:26 AM) *

There have been a few threads on this topic. I spotted a 914 recently in Lethal Weapon (1 or 2 can't remember for sure they were on consecutively).

Was watching Lethal Weapon 2 last night. About half way through there is a black 914 that passes the actors as they are stopping at a deli to eat.
RAX914
"Voyage of the Yes" a 914 appears at around 3:44 and then again at around 9:44

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HGT1zYhLNRg
914-300Hemi
Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(9won4 @ Aug 16 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Didn't one of the Beach Boys die when the surf board he had sticking out of his convertible caught a boat and swung around at his head or neck?
maf914
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 16 2016, 07:02 AM) *

Didn't one of the Beach Boys die when the surf board he had sticking out of his convertible caught a boat and swung around at his head or neck?

Don't know about this story. I did a quick check of the Beach Boys history on Wikapedia and did not see anything like this. Two of the original Wilson brothers have died, Dennis drowned and Carl died of cancer.
ssuperflyoldguy
Saw a 6million$ man episode that had a ton of cool cars & a 914 in a "German" village
arkitect
How far into the compton movie is the teener sighting?

Dave
dlkawashima
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Apr 16 2016, 01:44 PM) *

Saw a 6million$ man episode that had a ton of cool cars & a 914 in a "German" village

Episode 1-9, Dr Wells is Missing
The "German village" is actually supposed to be Innsbruck Austria. The scene below is about 4:30 into the show. Steve Austin is driving the car in the middle.
Click to view attachment

QUOTE(arkitect @ Apr 17 2016, 09:43 PM) *

How far into the compton movie is the teener sighting?

The black 914 shows up around 47 minutes into the movie. The scene below is about 50 minutes into the movie.
Click to view attachment
arkitect
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to dig up the 6mil old episodes. ..I still like the old shows.

Dave
7TPorsh
QUOTE(arkitect @ Apr 18 2016, 04:43 AM) *

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to dig up the 6mil old episodes. ..I still like the old shows.

Dave

That German Village is the backlot at Universal Studios. When I worked there in the late 90's they had a sound stage filled with old cars; mostly American iron to use in commercials and films. I don't remember anything really pricey; especially not a 280sl.

Studios rent outside cars now; pretty good business from what I hear.
7TPorsh
Compton car looks like my car with tits; have to see the movie I guess...
euro911
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 18 2016, 08:38 AM) *
That's a double whammy ... remember, "if it has tires or tits, it's gonna be trouble" cool_shades.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 18 2016, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 18 2016, 08:38 AM) *
That's a double whammy ... remember, "if it has tires or tits, it's gonna be trouble" cool_shades.gif

Nothing about the mid engine? Expand your pun!
malcolm2
From 2003, "Intolerable Cruelty" with George Clooney and Katherine Zeta-Jones. 914 driving in the dark near the end. Might be in earlier scenes too but i started late. All you see is the dome interior light. Then it slides to a stop in the dark, EURO TAIL LIGHTS. Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mrholland2
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Apr 25 2010, 09:41 PM) *

There's a 914 in the movie 9 to 5 (with Dolly Parton). It's near the hospital scene. I will have to Netflix it so I can screen shot it.......
One shot of one parked
another one driving....could be the same.

Wahoo!

Two different ones. The first as Violet is driving her Skylark out of the parking garage. . then she parks next to a different one (it was on the other night and I came across it right then)
Carl456
Don't have a screen shot but Netflix show Stranger Things has one shown in Episode 7 I believe.
Show based in 1983.
Oddly enough, the car is already in a junk yard rusty....
JOEPROPER
I just saw a clip from that movie this weekend and thought i saw a black 914... I guess i was right. I believe it had euro front turn signal lenses... I only saw it for a second.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.