Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s in movies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
sb914
Seen this while watching the news just now.Caught the corner of my eye.
I guess the owner of this shop got beat up real bad. Click to view attachment
Porsche930dude
I dont know if its been mentioned but to live and die in L.A chase scene has two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6r_1sArmJk
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 22 2018, 09:50 AM) *

From Netflix, movie about the founding of National Lampoon.

A Futile and Stupid Gesture

Co-founder Doug Kenney had one.

Not sure if it was yellow like the one in the movie.

Click to view attachment

Gotta check out the goat trailer it’s awesome
Chip
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jan 27 2004, 02:25 PM) *

<!-- QuoteBegin-JRust+Jan 27 2004, 12:49 PM --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 27 2004, 12:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> I can't say the movie kicks but or anything. It was worth it just for the 914 sighting though smilie_pokal.gif <!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
We are a sick bunch. laugh.gif

agree.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Porsche930dude @ Jan 5 2019, 09:33 PM) *

I dont know if its been mentioned but to live and die in L.A chase scene has two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6r_1sArmJk

Three. There's two in this frame.

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
I think the one over the top of the brown van is a Fiat X19
Chris H.
Bad News Bears...

Click to view attachment
Luke M
Garage Rehab
season 2, episode 3
Northrich Collision in TX.

Millerwelds
Bachelor Party beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Take a wild guess as to the TV program this one is from...

Click to view attachment
442nd914s
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 9 2019, 08:10 AM) *

Click to view attachment

CHiPs! Go Ponch!
442nd914s
Can anyone recognize this movie? 914 lower right corner Click to view attachment
Hot tub time machine.
abes914
This is from plutotv (free internet tv), chassy channel, winner’s circle is the program. In this episode, rod emery is raising money for charity foundation. They entered the 914 for the 24 hours or lemons. They did 300 laps in total and raises over $13,000. The drivers were amazed on how the stock 914 handles and how easy it was to race. Engine, transmission and brakes were all fine. Only issue they had was when the cv joints screw came off while racing and they ran out of gas on the final lap but still cruise to the finish line. I believe the track was in Oregon.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
smilie_pokal.gif
warpig
Just watched what I think is a new movie called Finding Steve McQueen.
About 44 mins into the flick the main character stashes his ski mask and jacks a shirt out of a teener to start a fight in a bar to distract the cops from the bank heist next door. "Inspired by true events"
Don't know how to do a screen grab and it was a Chinese pirate movie site. (don't want to expose the world to anything nefarious.) shades.gif
abes914
Good eye! Here are a few screen capture. I had to rewind a couple of times
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ctc911ctc
A film worth the ride - and the glimpse of the teener - Signal Orange?

QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 5 2004, 09:37 PM) *

There's one sitting on the corner in "Almost Famous"

here's a picture for Aaron rolleyes.gif
he didn't say it had to be a good one laugh.gif

ctc911ctc
I used to work in B-Hills, would see the location team setup for the two officers on their steeds fairly regularly. The bikes were on a trailer and they were towed by a weird truck with a camera rig and other equipment. Cannot watch the show without noticing that the bikes NEVER move relative to each other. CHIPS!

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 9 2019, 07:10 AM) *

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 18 2019, 06:02 PM) *

I used to work in B-Hills, would see the location team setup for the two officers on their steeds fairly regularly. The bikes were on a trailer and they were towed by a weird truck with a camera rig and other equipment. Cannot watch the show without noticing that the bikes NEVER move relative to each other. CHIPS!

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 9 2019, 07:10 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I never noticed that before. Gonna have to check that one out.

ctc911ctc
Around 1982 I found a garage-kept '72 914 in the beach cities of LA, the car was 10 year old. Original everything. It was really nice. I then had to leave town, had a good offer for a contract position in Chicago. Locked the car in the garage, hired my brother to look after the house. Did not give him a garage key.

A few month later came home from Chicago and the lock on the garage door was gone. Opened the door and the car was there, car cover on it just like I left it. After a day or two my brother came by - I had not told him that I was going to be in LA ( this is WAY before cell phones) and he was shocked to see me. He said: "I guess you saw the car" to which I replied sure, seems OK. And then he started to tell the story why the lock was removed.

OK, for those of you outside of LA, every group of guys in LA has at least one dude that is going into the movie business. One of my brothers friends was always talking about this and writing scripts and critiquing movies that were at the theater - you know the guy. Turns out that while I was away he got the money to shoot a short film about a girl, a car and stolen money. Budget so LOW that they collectively decided to use my car.

So they did all of the outside action shots from a Ranchero with a camera mounted on a tripod but when it was time to do the inside shots (girl driving car, etc.) they mounted a big-ass Panaflex all over the car for different shots. One shot the passenger's side, another shot from the Targa Rail looking forward and then backward. Last was from the front windscreen for the "you are driving the car" shot.

The script called for a panic stop right up to the bad-guy. So my brother did the stunt driving ( he knew the car well and had a few 2002BMWs) and he drives like hell, slams on the brake hits the mark (Hollywood for perfect stop) and the camera comes loose and tumbles down the front of the car. Dents and gouges all the way down.

So, he tells this story and then says that miraculously the film canister kept closed and all of the film was preserved and looked great! So I am waiting for the part where they tell me about fixing the car………..still waiting!

The movie was called Gone Riding, it is long lost according to the assistant producer - my brother.

Click to view attachment

The Car - before the event - note the Ranchero in the background.
Click to view attachment

Duct-tape will not hold one of these to a car - just say'n
bbrock
Just saw a 914 in "A Futile and Stupid Gesture" on Netflix but now see it was already posted a couple pages back.
Sprout
Not sure if this one's been mentioned before, but I was watching the original Carrie (1976 Sissy Spacek version), and spotted a blue 914 parked on the street just as the kids are going to the prom to meet their fate.

Click to view attachment
nathanxnathan
QUOTE(442nd914s @ Mar 16 2019, 11:25 AM) *

Can anyone recognize this movie? 914 lower right corner Click to view attachment
Hot tub time machine.

I'm a little late, but is that "Gremlins"?
74ravenna
Maybe it's already listed, The Fury, from 1978.

Just after the 40 minute mark. It appears twice. The first view is just a glimpse of the top.
A moment later you get to see the whole car.

It doesn't have vinyl covered or painted Sail panels.
Rear bumper is painted.

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
QUOTE(nathanxnathan @ Jun 18 2019, 11:42 AM) *

Can anyone recognize this movie? 914 lower right corner
Hot tub time machine.

Hot Tub Time Machine
nathanxnathan
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 30 2019, 06:58 AM) *

QUOTE(nathanxnathan @ Jun 18 2019, 11:42 AM) *

Can anyone recognize this movie? 914 lower right corner
Hot tub time machine.

Hot Tub Time Machine

Ah yeah biggrin.gif gremlins was in '84
sb914
Saw these last night on chasing classic cars. He was in Monterey.
Anyone’s car here ? Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Beebo Kanelle
Not a movie shot, but a clip form the HoustonChronicle from when Hurricane Alicia struck the Houston/Galveston area in 1983...
Click to view attachment
ultra3000
QUOTE(warpig @ Mar 17 2019, 07:42 PM) *

Just watched what I think is a new movie called Finding Steve McQueen.
About 44 mins into the flick the main character stashes his ski mask and jacks a shirt out of a teener to start a fight in a bar to distract the cops from the bank heist next door. "Inspired by true events"
Don't know how to do a screen grab and it was a Chinese pirate movie site. (don't want to expose the world to anything nefarious.) shades.gif

Hey that's my car!

I answered an extras call for 70's cars and it was supposed to just be a background car. The director liked it and liked the fact the roof was removable, allowing some easy interior shots, so it ended up in a couple scenes. The production eventually ran out of money and I didn't think it would ever be finished. Thanks for posting!

Click to view attachment
sb914
Seen this last night on tv show called “vintage voltage”
They did a electric conversion on a ghia. 914 in the back ! Click to view attachment
URY914
I was watching an old Adam-12. Made in 1974. Saw a 914 in two shots.
No visible rust. biggrin.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 13 2020, 02:23 PM) *

The one plate I couldn't get!
brcacti
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 9 2019, 06:10 AM) *

Click to view attachment

hehe, my first one in 82-84 was this same color with chrome bumpers like this. No that's NOT me inside the car.
Big Len
From last year - 2 days of filming and this is all I could find. That's Bella Haddid sitting in my car. And no, you can't smell the seats.

https://youtu.be/7cEBJf6nMg8

brcacti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN5KK0mQH-I

Try this link, hopefully it will work, Valleri and the car are both worth watching hehe
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 13 2020, 05:23 PM) *

I bet it was at a toll booth at LAX, right?
Millerwelds
Auto/Biography - The case of the split Enzo. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
sb914
From Wisconsin “concourse de elegance”car show. there’s two .
FlacaProductions
Nearly the end of the latest Natalie Wood documentary on HBO - "What Remains Behind" - prominently displays a red 914 pulling out of MGM (now Sony) Studios back in the day....
914xr75
I was watching an episode of The Rockford Files and I spotted two 914 driving down the highway together. Most people are aware of Beth Davenport's 914 but this was a new find for me. The episode is called Farewell to Aura Lee. Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
House Hunters beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Sprout
I watched 1979's "Thank God It's Friday" the other night (sorry, it was on my list), and lo and behold, there is a nice shot of a 914 about 12 minutes into it! Looks to be Zambezi green. I didn't realize so many people were in the movie: Jeff Goldblum, Terri Nunn (of the group Berlin!), Lionel Richie (still in the Commodores), and the late, great Donna Summer! The movie wasn't good by any stretch, but I spotted some cool cars in there. That's Jeff Goldblum running right in front of it.

Click to view attachment
Sprout
I was watching a show on Prime called "Red Oaks"...pretty good show so far, set in the 80s. Anyway, there is a scene in the third episode at a wedding, a 928 rolls up, then you see a red 914 in the background. Two spottings in one week...maybe I should buy a lottery ticket! Or maybe I watch too much TV!

Click to view attachment
scottthephotog
I was watching Black Cat, a 1991 Hong Kong remake of La Femme Nikita, and saw a 914!

Click to view attachment

My wife and I were really excited until they shot it to hell and blew it up 10 seconds later.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It's interesting. One of the close up shots shows a gas tank door by the wheel, and in the exlposion, the Fuchs wheels magically turn into steel wheels painted to look like Fuchs. The front bumper changes as well! Hahaha

Full scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv8_phwIOrY
QUOTE(scottthephotog @ Jul 21 2020, 08:08 AM) *

I'll bet she was hoping she had the new heavier 914 doors when they were shooting at her.
914werke
well this wasent in the movies but on the small screen ... only last night after watching Sun night football headbang.gif was flicking around and saw a show called "Ultimate Rides" on History & WHOA a Delphi Green car was "showcased w/a 916 nose on it ~
The interview with the owner starts telling his story & its a EV conversion!
He's in Hawaii & just so happens he popped up here.
@musicmjb Can you say hello & tell your story?
7TPorsh
QUOTE(scottthephotog @ Jul 21 2020, 08:08 AM) *

I was watching Black Cat, a 1991 Hong Kong remake of La Femme Nikita, and saw a 914!

Click to view attachment

My wife and I were really excited until they shot it to hell and blew it up 10 seconds later.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It's interesting. One of the close up shots shows a gas tank door by the wheel, and in the exlposion, the Fuchs wheels magically turn into steel wheels painted to look like Fuchs. The front bumper changes as well! Hahaha

Full scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv8_phwIOrY

Looks like no engine. Did you get the VIN? Lol
Sprout
I watched another terrible movie from 1978 called "Record City," with Ed Begley Jr, Ruth Buzzi, Ted Lange and a few others. In the opening scenes, there is a nice shot of a 914, looked like Sepia Brown? There were glimpses of it in a couple more shots as well.

Click to view attachment
pcdarks
Probably already posted I was watching "Le Mans" with Steve McQueen a white 914 #40 was circulating in the background. I was down at PMB and they have a poster from the 1970 24 hours of Le Mans on their wall in french. The same white # 40 is on it.
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jun 22 2018, 04:18 PM) *

Someone spent some time on this! CHiPs scenes featuring the 914:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1CbHK70CC8

I realize that we’re geeking out on the 914s, but in nearly 3 years since it was posted, not one person here has mentioned that is Barbi Benton in the last episode scenes in that video. Let’s keep a little perspective here, fellas. Just sayin’. rolleyes.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(pcdarks @ Apr 7 2021, 08:32 PM) *

Probably already posted I was watching "Le Mans" with Steve McQueen a white 914 #40 was circulating in the background. I was down at PMB and they have a poster from the 1970 24 hours of Le Mans on their wall in french. The same white # 40 is on it.

You mean Marty's car? biggrin.gif http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=343307

One of our members now owns the LeMans winning 914-6 #40. And that is one of the 3 ultimate 914s to own. The other two are the Factory 914-8s in the Porsche Museum, so getting them is completely impossible.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.