Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vintage air cleaners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
In the spirit of our SCCA vintage class. I thought it would be cool to run some air filters that were from the late 60's early 70's period.

What were they running back then on top of their carbs? I picture some kind of cast aluminum air cleaner top with K&N type filter.

Anyone BTDT?

thanks,
dr
Joe Bob
Filtrons....NLA
machina
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 12 2004, 10:01 PM)
Filtrons....NLA

filtrons?

what did they look like?

cast aluminum or steel?

the plates that CB sells are cast aluminum with some fins, look kind of vintage, definitely not hi-tech.

thanks,
dr
Joe Bob
Filtrons were snot green colored foam with oil on them....they were sandwiched between those ribbed aluminimimummmon things....
machina
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 12 2004, 10:19 PM)
Filtrons were snot green colored foam with oil on them....they were sandwiched between those ribbed aluminimimummmon things....

a snot green sandwich, I love it. smilie_flagge24.gif
URY914
Try someone like Pegasus Racing or one of the MG suppliers. They have vintage stuff.

Paul
machina
With these things topping the motor, nobody will even think about the ceramic lifters or forged JE pistons just below.

dr
seanery
those are sweet!
Kargeek
These are filtrons...I changed out the worn out snot green foam elements to some from uni-filter. They are NLA. How about adapting some 356 wire mesh solex filters? Dave Hall
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.