Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's my dad's b-day and he REALLY wants some Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pweary
My dad has a '69 911 and needs a pair of 15x6 original Fuchs to replace the 14s he has on the front. His birthday is this weekend and I really want to get him something worthy of a 50th b-day gift. Can anyone help me out? I am in San Diego and will be driving to Ventura for his party. If there is anyone who is anywhere between or near these locations (or even southern california in general) and is willing/wanting to sell a pair of early 911 Fuchs, PLEASE let me know! I'd really like to give them to him on Saturday, then get him up to the Streets of Willow on the 5th of October for a track day on some new tires and wheels.

Thanks!
-Philip
kenshapiro2002
If his birthday is in two days, and he deserves somethingnworthy of this landmark birthday, why'd you wait until 48 hours before the big day to score him some wheels? chair.gif

QUOTE(pweary @ Sep 24 2009, 04:04 PM) *

My dad has a '69 911 and needs a pair of 15x6 original Fuchs to replace the 14s he has on the front. His birthday is this weekend and I really want to get him something worthy of a 50th b-day gift. Can anyone help me out? I am in San Diego and will be driving to Ventura for his party. If there is anyone who is anywhere between or near these locations (or even southern california in general) and is willing/wanting to sell a pair of early 911 Fuchs, PLEASE let me know! I'd really like to give them to him on Saturday, then get him up to the Streets of Willow on the 5th of October for a track day on some new tires and wheels.

Thanks!
-Philip

pweary
I know, its a bit of a stretch to do this in 2 days, but I figured I'd give it a shot. ...the idea didn't come to mind until earlier today unfortunately.
r_towle
EASY in NorCal.

Rich
TROJANMAN
Try Al Reed in Orange County. He usually has a set available in his shop. They will be high quality finishes, but probably not cheap.
dakotaewing
What about the guy in CA that is really well known for restoring/polishing wheels...
Al Reed????

opps - Looks like Gregor beat me to it -
However, if you buy the wheels from Al, they
will be absolutely beautiful...

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/comp...?company=587476

Here are some images of Al 's work from another thread...
Cap'n Krusty
You'll be needing the part number off the back of the wheels to assure a match with the other two. The Cap'n
kconway
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Sep 24 2009, 12:46 PM) *

What about the guy in CA that is really well known for restoring/polishing wheels...
Al Reed????

Hey, those are my wheels. Greg Robbins has a set of 15x6 I traded him that Al Reed refinshed and I think they are for sale. He's in the Phoenix area I think. He's on this board, send him a PM. Al Reed does good work, however; I don't think he ever has anything for sale. He just does refinishing, no sales as far as I know.

Here, I found his FS thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=97974&hl=

I had Al Reed refinish these and mount new tires on them, probably still have zero mileage.
Kev
Shade Tree
I have two 6j15's. I don't have pics here at work. If you are interested I can take a picture tonight.
Rich.
pweary
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Sep 24 2009, 05:03 PM) *

I have two 6j15's. I don't have pics here at work. If you are interested I can take a picture tonight.
Rich.

yes please. I'd definitely like to see what they look like.
pweary
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 24 2009, 01:17 PM) *

EASY in NorCal.

Rich

EASY didn't have any dry.gif
Shade Tree
QUOTE(pweary @ Sep 24 2009, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Sep 24 2009, 05:03 PM) *

Rich.

yes please. I'd definitely like to see what they look like.

Awww man, I didn't see your reply last night and I didn't take any pics...sorry. Well, now, I have to work up in Portland all night and won't be back until tomorrow. I'll still post the pics but it sounds like it will be too late for the party.
Rich.
gregrobbins
QUOTE(kconway @ Sep 24 2009, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Sep 24 2009, 12:46 PM) *

Al Reed????

Hey, those are my wheels. Greg Robbins has a set of 15x6 I traded him that Al Reed refinshed and I think they are for sale. He's in the Phoenix area I think. He's on this board, send him a PM. Al Reed does good work, however; I don't think he ever has anything for sale. He just does refinishing, no sales as far as I know.

Here, I found his FS thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=97974&hl=

I had Al Reed refinish these and mount new tires on them, probably still have zero mileage.
Kev

Kev is right, the wheels are available. Never installed. Call me if your interested. I can bring them to the 914 Swap Meet in Riverside to save on shipping. 602-291-3525. And yes, they are beautiful!
pweary
They look GREAT, but I am only in need of two. I just need to replace the 14s up front...
Cap'n Krusty
You still haven't told us what PART NUMBER you need. Without the number, getting the correct (and matching!) wheels is gonna be a 1 in about 20 crapshoot. Not all 15" Fuchs are the same.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.