Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: The kind of car the super rich build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
I think this was worthy of sharing. A totally Billet car!!

http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/book_aoe/

It's Larry Ellison's car. He's the guy who founded Oracle.
76-914
That's the shitz. I bookmarked it so I can read all of it, later on. Read part of the body section tonite. Very good reading!
Elliot Cannon
I was going to order the Billet Book but I'll just wait and check it out at the Library. lol-2.gif
Sleepin
Wow! It is shiny, that is for sure! I might commision them for a billet 914 once I win the Powerball! biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
the car makes my pants fit tighter, I freaking love it
zymurgist
That body is a work of art. But if I had an unlimited budget, I probably would have popped for some form of electronic fuel injection rather than an old school carburetor.
Rotary'14
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 26 2009, 08:00 AM) *

That body is a work of art. But if I had an unlimited budget, I probably would have popped for some form of electronic fuel injection rather than an old school carburetor.

I bet he wanted to keep the engine "original" biggrin.gif

-Rob

I would hava sprung for FI too.
tat2dphreak
I would hava sprung for FI too.

QFT.

but other than that, I can't imagine what else I'd would do differently, the thing is just perfect. it's a driving work of art with 800 hp on a body that probably weighs less than our 914s.
ClayPerrine
If I had that kind of money, I would be building a complete 914 tub out of carbon fiber............ Then I could truly say my 914 has no rust... lol-2.gif
Rand
The one spec I was most curious about is missing from the specs list. How much does it weigh?
ericread
I've got to admit it's an awesome project. But with an unlimited budget, why not use more cutting-edge technology? FI or direct-fuel injection, carbon fiber...

And the second question that was never answered... How much did it cost?

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.