Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driveways
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
I have no spoiler or valence yet. I do have a tow bar bolted in to place. Nearly every time that I enter or exit my drive, the bar scrapes. The car is within 1/2 inch or so of stock height (I am using a 55 tire rather then a 65).

I am worried that when I finally bolt on my spoiler it will survive until I get to the end of my driveway....

My driveway has a little ramp up (a sloped curb - very common in my parts) and is not flat to the road surface, but elevated a few inches.

Zach
jimkelly
you are gonna need to hit that driveway at a steep angle of attack.

maybe need a motorized - james bond - style front spolier mount too.

okieflyr
[quote name='Vacca Rabite' date='Sep 26 2009, 09:14 AM' post='1218776']
I have no spoiler or valence yet. I do have a tow bar bolted in to place. Nearly every time that I enter or exit my drive, the bar scrapes. The car is within 1/2 inch or so of stock height (I am using a 55 tire rather then a 65).

I am worried that when I finally bolt on my spoiler it will survive until I get to the end of my driveway....

My driveway has a little ramp up (a sloped curb - very common in my parts) and is not flat to the road surface, but elevated a few inches.

Zach

I have the same thing, and it can be aggrevating. My apron is steep and leads up to the sidewalk that I cannot change the elevation on. When I have my 16" wheels on, the spoiler just clears. When using the 15" wheels with low profile 45's I have to egress at a sharp angle to clear the road. When I do this, I can hear the tub groan out of protest.
championgt1
You need something like this. This one is sold by griots garage. Not cheap, about $300.

Click to view attachment

Millerwelds
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Sep 26 2009, 07:04 AM) *

You need something like this. This one is sold by griots garage. Not cheap, about $300.

Click to view attachment

A Ford GT for $300.........I'll take two. piratenanner.gif
Millerwelds
Flex Dam. All flex, no break.
Click to view attachment
dlo914
Home Depot Racing?
majkos
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Sep 26 2009, 08:22 AM) *

Home Depot Racing?

BTDT
They look rather silly,
folding under, at start of 50 mph.

and need to replace more often than desire.

Good leaning tool!
I learned, removable spoiler is a good investment, on the track car.

My other is a daily, but she's LOW
Major sharp attack is a must, scrape valance pan if I don't headbang.gif
underthetire
This ill fix ya

but you'll need the icon_bump.gif stereo to go with it.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Sep 26 2009, 09:04 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Someone from the township would remove that and then fine me, on the grounds that I was disrupting drainage.

I think I'll just get used to steep AOA. Harder to do that pulling out then pulling in, just out of habit.

Zach
PanelBilly
My SL has a button you push to raise the car up for going over curbs and speed bumps in the parking lot. The other day I went to a storage place to pick up stuff for a club and they have those steeply angled driveways to control rain away from the buildings. As I drive in my dash starts blinking red. The whole gauge cluster and there's a warning that that I need to raise the car. Modern times these are.

Of course the car weights several tons too
orange914
we need pics... hows the new motor fairing?

mike
dw914er
sideways in and out of the driveway

you should see me in the rsx, i can't take a driveway straight on without possible damage

but you get used to it
jonferns
When I had my jetta I had to avoid driveways all-together. But, I would think a sharp angle is the best way to approach it.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.