Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - REALTORS & webmasters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
REALTORS - i was wondering who on this board is a REALTOR as well. i am in sussex delaware, 10 miles from rehoboth beach.

webmasters - we realtors need a good website now, more than ever.

i thought this thread would be a good resource for us to at least know who on the board provides either of these services and where you are located - county/city and state.

thanks
jim
rick 918-S
I'm not a realtor, but I sold a lake property on the internet once.. icon_bump.gif Just bumpin ya.
blitZ
Jim, I sent you a PM. I'm a freelance Web Developer and can assist you.
Millerwelds
I am a Realtor in Grass Valley CA. We use Number1Expert for our website design. I have a background in webdesign and am impressed with the level of integration provided. I upload listings with no limit on photo's and the site uploads the info directly to dozens of other real estate websites and includes simple integration into Craigslist as well.

www.ISellNevadaCounty.com
MoveQik
I'm a Realtor here in AZ biggrin.gif I am pretty happy with my site. You can check it in my signature. Always looking for suggestions of course!
jimkelly
wow - that killer idx is FAST : ))

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 26 2009, 08:49 AM) *

I'm a Realtor here in AZ biggrin.gif I am pretty happy with my site. You can check it in my signature. Always looking for suggestions of course!

jgara962
I thought this was a car site. confused24.gif Seems to be less and less.
MoveQik
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Sep 26 2009, 03:02 PM) *

It is a car site. Amazingly, every once in a while it goes beyond cars. Some people here are even friends. Crazy, I know....
PeeGreen 914

I'm a realtor as well. biggrin.gif . I don't have a website though. Just never bothered but I'm sure it would be.a good tool for you Jim.
slackin' at work
jim, Im a web designer... but I'm booked up until mid spring for websites. head_hurts_kr.gif
-chris
jesiv
For what it is worth, until a couple of years ago I owned a virtual tour company for 6 years and provide custom websites and web hosting for agents and brokers in the San Francisco Bay Area. The main reason I sold the company was that real estate agents are cheap (and this was during the good times). The reality is that you DO NOT WANT a custom site developed by just one, because they will not be able to provide an IDX (Multiple Listing Service) feed for your site. So without an IDX feed, your site is totally useless if you don’t have all the listings in your area. Also you site needs to have features such as email alerts, comps etc. All this requires you have an IDX feed. The reality is that cookie cutter sites like this are very reasonable.

On the other hand it is very desirable to have a web site devoted to a specific property. Anyone can do property site for you. Also the best URL is always the street address of the property. Good luck!!

Regards,

James

MoveQik
QUOTE(jesiv @ Sep 26 2009, 09:17 PM) *

The main reason I sold the company was that real estate agents are cheap (and this was during the good times). The reality is that you DO NOT WANT a custom site developed by just one, because they will not be able to provide an IDX (Multiple Listing Service) feed for your site. So without an IDX feed, your site is totally useless if you don’t have all the listings in your area. Also you site needs to have features such as email alerts, comps etc. All this requires you have an IDX feed. The reality is that cookie cutter sites like this are very reasonable.

On the other hand it is very desirable to have a web site devoted to a specific property. Anyone can do property site for you. Also the best URL is always the street address of the property. Good luck!!

Regards,

James

You are painting with a pretty broad brush. confused24.gif My site for example was custom made and is maintained by a web designer and I do indeed have IDX. No cookie cutter templates. In addition, it lists all the things that you seem to think are important.
jesiv
That’s great! Most areas are starting to limit access to the IDX feeds. In the bay area the IDX feed went from Free to $1,200 per year to $10K per year plus a per agent fee. So if you only develop a few sites it just doesn't make good economical sense.

So if you can get the IDX feed great!! My brush may have been broad but good agents are the exception not the rule.

Regards,

James
angerosa
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Sep 26 2009, 10:56 PM) *

jim, Im a web designer... but I'm booked up until mid spring for websites. head_hurts_kr.gif
-chris

I don't know Jim. Am I the only one who sees the irony in "Slackin's" comment?

I build computer systems for a living. I've built many web servers, websites, and larger systems. If you have questions about why and how. I'm sure I could answer them for you. Send me PM and I'll send you my number. Jason
Rand
I don't always feel comfortable raising my hand on threads like this, but I'm a web developer with a lot of experience in the real estate market. I have built sites and developed web applications for several land developers, home builders, communities, brokers, and agents.

My portfolio is about to get a major lift, but the old one is here:
http://4nets.com/portfolio.asp
Sleepin
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 26 2009, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(jgara962 @ Sep 26 2009, 03:02 PM) *

It is a car site. Amazingly, every once in a while it goes beyond cars. Some people here are even friends. Crazy, I know....

Yeah...you need to update your site! dumbass.gif chair.gif biggrin.gif
azbill
I'm also in real estate appraiser and broker. I specialize in school districts real estate problems. Have not found the need for a web site
JerryP
I'm a PA Appraiser and frequently do work down in So. Chester County near the Delaware line. I look at realtor websites all the time for comp information and photos that may not have made it into the MLS. I know it doesn't directly translate to $ for you but a good site with lots of info on your listings often eliminates time consuming annoying questions from the likes of me. More importantly, I am told it helps with tire kickers and nosy neighbors as well.
Porcharu
I'm not a realtor or web designer, but I am a recent user of both while looking for our house we purchased last December. One big gripe I had will almost every single realtor web site I was using was the pitiful size and quantity of photos for the homes. When you are not a local the pictures are really all you have to make a judgment and the pictures should be taken much more seriously. The quality of the tiny photos was almost always amateur at best.
Steve
cooltimes
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 26 2009, 08:42 AM) *

REALTORS - i was wondering who on this board is a REALTOR as well. i am in sussex delaware, 10 miles from rehoboth beach.

webmasters - we realtors need a good website now, more than ever.

i thought this thread would be a good resource for us to at least know who on the board provides either of these services and where you are located - county/city and state.

thanks
jim

Hey Jim,
I am NOT in the business but,
Seems your web site link works great as I just looked:

http://www.jimkellysells.com/Lewes_Listing...ge_2181618.html

so I am thinking a step backwards and ask, is your subject post about guys and gals on the 914world web site to just having a common link site button on this site for car people looking for real estate that would help 914 owners (Porsche cars) find property?

MikeCool
TN
ghuff
I can provide php/asp/iis/apache hosting. Redundant circuits, reasonable billing and traffic usage. Name it, we can do it.

Working on having geographically distributed traffic/load balancing and redundancy as well, but offering that for smaller business.

I avoid development work since I do not have the time to commit to seeing development through.

jimkelly
MikeCool and others - i agree with the benefit of bigger photos. i recently added idxpro to my site and have been hounding them to provide at least a larger initial photo. as for the purpose of the thread, to know who among us are realtors or webmasters as i felt could come in handy from time to time, sharing ideas and what not was my thought. thanks, jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.