Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any suggestions for a set of car ramps?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Was thinking of picking up some car ramps. Figured it's easier than jacking it up.
Any of you guys use them, and any suggestions on a decent set?

Thanks,
Tod
computers4kids
My car is too low to drive up a ramp...spoiler. However, I can use them for backing up on the rear wheels. Feels much safer when you're under the car.
zymurgist
I'm looking for a plastic set... need an angle shallow enough to drive the Porsches up on it. I may be shopping today as the weather looks iffy. Wally World has a set, but I am going to check Autozone and Advance Auto before buying.
johnnie5
Rhino ramps 8000. Most flaps have them, should be around $30ish.
underthetire
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Sep 26 2009, 08:51 AM) *

Rhino ramps 8000. Most flaps have them, should be around $30ish.

I have those as well. Got them at autozone with the club card thingy they give away. Think they ended up costing 25 bucks after the 20 off with the card.
tod914
wow $20.00 that's quite a deal. 6.5" they bring it up. Is that high enough to do an oil change comfortably?
ConeDodger
Wait... Your car is off jackstands? How did you get it off the jackstands? lol-2.gif

It seems like most 914's spend all their time on jackstands. Out of fairness to mine, it came off the lift yesterday for the first time in 4 months and it is on it's way to an autocross right now... jcd914 Jim Dupree is going to drive it. He says it is being a little bitchy though. No doubt!

If you're going to own a 914 some way of getting it off the ground is a good idea. dry.gif
jmill
Those Rhino ramps look great. I always had problems with the metal ones sliding out when I was pulling on them.
underthetire
They have a little rubber block on the bottom of the ramps. GLUE IT IN with whatever. It gets real exciting if you don't notice the block fell out and is laying under your workbench.
Numbchux
I've got a pair of Rhino Ramps.....love 'em. when I had the front spoiler on my subaru, I had to put a pair of 2x4s in front of them to get the front end high enough to clear 'em, but no big deal.

and plenty strong enough for my 4runner smoke.gif
IPB Image
computers4kids
How about buying two motorcycle lifts at harbor frieght for $70 each. Place one on each side of the car under the jackpoints...they easily collapse down to just a few inches. Since they are each rated at 1500lbs they should easily lift the 914 front or rear of the car. There is a manual locking mechanism as well. I would still just throw a jackstand under as well for safety...but what do think??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.