Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Found a perfect "YELLOW" color for our 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi All,

I saw a new 2010 Mazda MX-5 on the highway with a yellow paint that is perfect for our 914's. It has a hint of orange in the yellow and screams out I don't need a horn. w00t.gif My reaction, that's a great color for our 914's popcorn[1].gif I didn't have my camera, but check it out if your doing a color change.

I like it almost as much as my Porsche factory color "Chrome Yellow".

Let me know what you think. Yellow is faster. pray.gif

Tom
zymurgist
Don't know it they still do it, but the yellow C5 Corvettes came with yellow clear coat. Can't have too much yellow for some folks... wink.gif
veltror
I was thinking porsche speed yellow how does it compare?
burton73
Hay Thomas,

Some of us have great yellows like you and some of us have Cannery Yellow cars like my 1970 -6 #41 there is a big difference. My 76 yellow is fly. That is the difference between fly yellow and mellow yellow. Sorry Eric

Bob
iamchappy
Porsche Signal Yellow is a nice one too.....
Rod
Nice yellow, yes , but I still wouldn't have a yellow 914 biggrin.gif

IPB Image
TJB/914
QUOTE(Rod @ Sep 26 2009, 11:02 AM) *

IPB Image

Rob, thanks for the picture.

That's it. In the sunlight it looks better and glows. Bright colors look good on small cars. I like them all. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
burton73
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Sep 26 2009, 02:38 PM) *

IPB Image

That's it. In the sunlight it looks better and glows. Bright colors look good on small cars. I like them all. popcorn[1].gif

Tom

In that Pix. that looks like CA. Trans Orange

Bob
TJB/914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Sep 26 2009, 01:38 PM) *

IPB Image

Tom

Yellow is an interesting color. my "Chrome Yellow" has lots of green tint. If I had steel wheels I would color cordinate the steel wheels with a bright green for contrast. rolleyes.gif to make my CW buddy Pat "Green" icon8.gif ha, ha.
See the green tint in my 914.

Yellow is very difficult to photograph & hard to compare unless you have it on your 914. I like the other yellow's mentioned above.

Tom
Jax914
My Speed Yellow 914 - I really need to get some new pics - That valance is gone, it's got phone dials....and it's not doing the whole "partial wink" either!

IPB Image
veltror
That is the first speed yellow 914 I have seen thanks, I wonder how it would look next to the mazda. Do you have any pictures in sunlight? Nt that we ever get any sun in the uk... unless you look at page 3 of the sun
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.