Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Any So Cal folks want to get together for some K1?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
To my brothers and sisters who live in the southern California area,, let's have an In & Out Burger nite and cruise on over to K1 indoor cart racing for some laps. I just did it today and it's WAY BETTER than Speed Zone.

It's $20 for a 14 lap race. You gotta register with them if you're not already, which costs $6. There is a 3 race special that's $50 (42 Laps!?) If enough peeps commit to this, we can get group pricing. (that's wishful thinking)

Any takers?

I suggest either 10/22 Thursday OR 10/24 Saturday. Eating at In & Out on carson, just off the 110 freeway, south of the 405. at 7:30.
Then a cruise over to K1 which is really close, about 10 minutes drive with no traffic.

In & Out
730 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90502-2105

http://www.k1speed.com/torrance-location.html

K1 Speed Torrance
19038 S Vermont Ave
Gardena, CA 90248

-Rob
ericread
I've heard that the K1 Karts are very, very fast. Sounds like fun. I need some lead time to participate. Sometime in the middle to late October?

Eric Read
Heeltoe914
I am in drop me a line and some dates.
johnnie5
I could think up an excuse to justify a trip up to Smell-A such as a job of some sort for that kind of In n Out/Go-kart fun!!!

driving.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
PBritain
I'll go, I am not a huge fan of K1 (I prefer the gas karts) but it should be pretty big fun.

In n Out just sweetens the deal.
dlo914
I'm in!
914_teener
This sounds like fun...I'm in but Oct is busy so throw some dates out...Fri evenings? Sat late afternoons popcorn[1].gif
Rotary'14
I think this would fit well on Saturday Oct 24th. The next day is the infamous G&R flesh roast. But if a week nite is better I suggest Thursday Oct 22nd, is that late enough in October for ya Eric?
So I ask the folks interested to pick between Thursday or Saturday. I will edit the title and first post to reflect the will of the group.

-Rob
Rotary'14
Welcome back to work bump for those who browse at work.

I vote for Thursday BTW.

-Rob
Zardozz
I might actually be able to do a Thursday night.
Rotary'14
Bump for a new week.
The date is still up in the air. But there is more preference for Saturday evening currently.

-Rob
ericread
Saturday, 10/24 is good for me! driving.gif

Eric
Rotary'14
Sorry for yanking everyone's chain. I cannot make it Saturday evening 10/24. A last minute family thing that I should have checked on is going to ruin the evening's plans. I will announce another one if others are interested.

-Rob
914_teener
I'm still in ...but man that weekend is busy.....Halloween parties and such. Thursday evening before 7:00 still works..but throw out another if nobody else can show. Planned on the Flesh eating BBQ on Sunday.

chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.