Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 parts store in longbeach area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pdr1787
I live in the Lakewood area north of longbeach and was wondering if there was a store or anything of the sort that sells parts for a 914. I would rather buy something upfront then online first. Thanks
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Pdr1787 @ Sep 27 2009, 04:41 PM) *

I live in the Lakewood area north of longbeach and was wondering if there was a store or anything of the sort that sells parts for a 914. I would rather buy something upfront then online first. Thanks

Depends on what you need ? There is no 914 parts outlet per-se, I use GPR, Pelican, Auto Atlanta, CFR, and other member vendors. If you are in a real hurry, Pelican parts will get to you fastest-they are in El Segundo.

The Rusty Parts swap meet in Riverside is an excellent place to scope out parts. Like I say, depends on what you need.

Some of the other local guys may have some local contacts I don't know; Kevin is in your area, perhaps he will chime in.
zx-niner
Most of us have had very good service from the mainstream on-line dealers-- Pelican Parts, Auto Atlanta, Performance Products. And of course our own 914 World vendors. Unless it's something universal such as plugs, points, oil filters, maybe starters, bearings, seals, it will be difficult to find local suppliers for 914 specific parts.

For myself, spending a weekend working on the car often identifies some specific needs that I have never had any trouble filling on-line and receiving in time for the next weekend.
KaptKaos
You're a local. What are you looking for?
Pdr1787
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Sep 27 2009, 10:57 PM) *

You're a local. What are you looking for?

Well for right now I'm just looking for a clutch cable. Mine just snapped and I use my 914 as a daily driver so I kinda need it soon. If I couldn't find it tomorrow I was going to order it online.
kconway
If you need it fast, call Pelican and tell them you want to WillCall the part. Pick it up in El Segundo. Other option for a clutch cable maybe at the dealership. Not sure if those are NLA.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(kconway @ Sep 28 2009, 07:39 AM) *

If you need it fast, call Pelican and tell them you want to WillCall the part. Pick it up in El Segundo. Other option for a clutch cable maybe at the dealership. Not sure if those are NLA.

+1

www.pelicanparts.com FYI
underthetire
PP parts in El Segundo? I just ordered parts last week, said south San Francisco? Either way, was here like the next day. AA usually takes a week + to get to me.
Pdr1787
Thanks a lot u guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.