Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dansk mufflers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rod
Hi. Ok I have decided to, for the next two years fit the standard SSI's and an aftermarket muffler. I will, when I order a hopped up engine get a tangerine system and sell the SSI's and muffler, but atm I can't justify spending on the standard 1.7 engine. I have sourced a pair of SSI's here, thanks Mudfoot, and need to get a muffler..

So I had got the choice down to a Triad system, then someone called me and told me about a new Dansk system he had never seen before, so I wondered if anyone here had seen or installed one of these?? I really like the idea of twin pipes and they do two styles - centre pipes, or standard twin.. Anyone know more?

Part numbers 91.407 & 91.408...

http://www.danskus.com/shop_dansk/dansk/en...20/Muffler.html

Anyone know what these look and sound like? aktion035.gif
kconway
QUOTE(Rod @ Sep 28 2009, 10:50 AM) *

Hi. Ok I have decided to, for the next two years fit the standard SSI's and an aftermarket muffler. I will, when I order a hopped up engine get a tangerine system and sell the SSI's and muffler, but atm I can't justify spending on the standard 1.7 engine. I have sourced a pair of SSI's here, thanks Mudfoot, and need to get a muffler..

So I had got the choice down to a Triad system, then someone called me and told me about a new Dansk system he had never seen before, so I wondered if anyone here had seen or installed one of these?? I really like the idea of twin pipes and they do two styles - centre pipes, or standard twin.. Anyone know more?

According to their website, they look like this:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Rod @ Sep 28 2009, 12:50 PM) *

Can't speak to the 914 Dansk muffler, since I only use Factory. But....I will say that I've had a Dansk on my 73T since ;87 & it still looks new & sounds correct for a 911.
Pat
ConeDodger
Dansk is an OEM supplier to Porsche. Not sure what originally came on your car but Dansk has been a supplier for a long time...
Rod
My car currently has a bursch system with rusted heat exchangers. The exhaust is blowing and I hate the noise. So it's either Triad or this dansk.
wobbletop
The Dansk looks like this.

Click to view attachment

I trimmed the right side of the valence to match the left. I also painted the body of the muffler black otherwise it looks like it's hanging down from under the car. It's very bright chrome if unpainted. Oh, and it's quite loud. Not an ear splitting loud but you will not be sneaking around with it.

edit: found my original post.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=83165&hl=
d914
I had a dansk on my six,,it did a nice job, but based on the $$ triad is looking pretty good.
Rod
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Sep 29 2009, 03:38 PM) *

The Dansk looks like this.

Click to view attachment

I trimmed the right side of the valence to match the left. I also painted the body of the muffler black otherwise it looks like it's hanging down from under the car. It's very bright chrome if unpainted. Oh, and it's quite loud. Not an ear splitting loud but you will not be sneaking around with it.

edit: found my original post.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=83165&hl=

Thats HUGE!! It looks like it's going to shoot tennis balls at you ar15.gif

I think that me be a bit e-penis big for a 1.7l smile.gif
wobbletop
Agreed. Those are 84mm pipes. I believe they make smaller ones as well.

(And no, I'm not compensating for anything. smile.gif )
MoveQik
I have a Dansk on my 3.2. It looks huge but you can make it look more subtle with a little work on the rear valance.

The exhaust

IPB Image

Installed with valance biggrin.gif

IPB Image
jgara962
I don't get why they are making those sport exhausts for the 1.7 & 1.8 and not the 2.0L confused24.gif
campbellcj
For a -6 you can also get the early 'sport' type of Dansk, like this.

IPB Image

They are quite expensive, like $900 these days IIRC. (I bought this one 5 years ago.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.