Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo testing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Is there a way to test the accuracy and or adjust the Speedo? I know mines reading high or else Clay and Betty really were driving 90mph on the freeway last week. w00t.gif Bill
Rod
Sat nav. smile.gif
underthetire
Use a GPS. Don't know about calibrating it.
Spoke
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 28 2009, 06:52 PM) *

Use a GPS. Don't know about calibrating it.

agree.gif

GPS works great. My GPS was dead nuts on with my A6. My 911 was reading about 3 MPH fast at 80MPH.
stugray
"GPS works great. My GPS was dead nuts on with my A6. My 911 was reading about 3 MPH fast at 80MPH."

IMO you dont need GPS.

Just put em on & walk around the pool for a while.

IF you wear em TOO High, THEN you might experience the "dead nuts" that Spoke is speaking of.

Stu
ClayPerrine
You can do this without GPS if you have some basic math skills.

Get on the freeway, and drive an indicated 60 mph. With a stopwatch, time how long it takes you to go exactly one mile, using the mile markers on the roadside. It should take you 60 seconds. If it doesn't, your speedo is off.

They can be adjusted.. if you speedo reads fast, increase the spring tension inside to make it read slower. Loosen the spring tension if it reads slow.

underthetire
QUOTE(stugray @ Sep 28 2009, 04:08 PM) *

"GPS works great. My GPS was dead nuts on with my A6. My 911 was reading about 3 MPH fast at 80MPH."

IMO you dont need GPS.

Just put em on & walk around the pool for a while.

IF you wear em TOO High, THEN you might experience the "dead nuts" that Spoke is speaking of.

Stu

Huh? burro.gif
SLITS
***GPS = to small undies = tight nutz

***Grievous Package Scrunch
SLITS
see above ....

Sincerely,

Mr Thumbs
Shade Tree
Time yourself between two mile markers. Stay at the same speed between the markers. 3600 divided by however many seconds it took you to drive one mile will equal your speed.

Took me 63 seconds to drive one mile....3600/63=57MPH
Took me 51 seconds to drive one mile....3600/51=70.6MPH
VaccaRabite
I use a GPS for speed and ignore the speedo, but mainly due to the fact that I can't see the blasted thing anyway.

Zach
bandjoey
Gps in the speedo hole and a calculator. Can't go wrong with that! Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.